Solved

Why does my Smart Meter In-Home Display (IHD) say 'waiting for CIN'?

• 4 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Hello, 

my smart meter is playing up 

electric all works fine but gas shows not money value
it must be sending meter reading to my supplier as they are still billing me but the value i have used per day is always £0.00
the only thing i can find is when i go into the gas account it says waiting for CIN but electric account shows CIN:0000

- this has been like it for months 

nothing has changed regarding wi-fi or positioning and worked fine for ages before this 

any help appreciated 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 February 2022, 17:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya @Emma180985 !

You can disregard the CIN, as it’s hardly ever configured by any supplier at all. It just exists for reasons that I’ve forgotten a long time ago.

I think you may want to contact the Support Team and ask them to try the SMETS Command Update Tariff Configuration against both of your meters. If you get lucky, this might fix the issue. If it doesn’t we can try to figure out further clues.

Thank you so much for you response. I will ask my supplier to try that and post back 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. :)

Don’t be afraid to name your energy supplier here, this forum is open to everyone and it can help us out sometimes - especially if there’s something supplier specific that we need to research as part of helping you out.

My supplier is Eon Next 

been talking to them since November trying to sort it and just keep getting told to turn on/off, move closer to meter and neither work 

thanks 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. I’ve heard a lot of people mention bad advice being given out from them, but there are some staff there who are quick off the mark to fix this sort of thing.