Solved

Smart Meter communicating with OVO but gas usage info not showing on Online Account?

• 4 November 2022
  • 50 replies

Show first post

50 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You should get a letter or email eventually!

Mind showing us some snaps of the meter?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It’s here @Blastoise186 (from earlier in this thread) 😁

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

That unit might actually be S2 given it was a 2018 unit. Try the Smart Meter Check tool.

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

Userlevel 1

That unit might actually be S2 given it was a 2018 unit. Try the Smart Meter Check tool.

https://smartmetercheck.citizensadvice.org.uk/

I’ve tried that @Blastoise186 and it is working in smart mode :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, try running it through https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com/ in that case. OVO will investigate further for you.

This Smart Meter Help tool is a brand new thing that OVO seems to be testing out. Feedback on it is, of course, very much welcome and we can make sure that it gets passed to the right team.

Userlevel 1

Ok, try running it through https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com/ in that case. OVO will investigate further for you.

This Smart Meter Help tool is a brand new thing that OVO seems to be testing out. Feedback on it is, of course, very much welcome and we can make sure that it gets passed to the right team.

Thank you for the suggestion @Blastoise186  but I can’t complete the test, as my electricity meter doesn’t have any of the options/buttons asked for in the test and there is nothing displayed on my gas meter at all.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, give me a few days on that one. I’ve submitted a bug report to OVO because I was able to reproduce the same issue using my S2 Aclara setup. OVO’s initial reaction is that they agree the form should adapt to your specific setup.

The issue with the form is being investigated.

Userlevel 1

Ok, give me a few days on that one. I’ve submitted a bug report to OVO because I was able to reproduce the same issue using my S2 Aclara setup. OVO’s initial reaction is that they agree the form should adapt to your specific setup.

The issue with the form is being investigated.

Thank you :) 

This is a photo of my electricity meter (apologies for the spiders/webs I didn’t want to disturb them)

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yup, that’s an S1 Aclara then. I used to have one of those actually before OVO upgraded me to an S2 Aclara. I know both versions well.

You appear to have a strong HAN Signal and a medium WAN Signal, which is good enough. Try using the manual S2 form for now as it’s pretty close. Let me know if you get stuck on any part of it and I’ll definitely be happy to fill the gaps in for you.

Userlevel 1

I was contacted by OVO support about this issue, from seeing this message, and they still haven’t resolved it. They aren’t answering my messages either. I’m at my wits end about this now. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I was contacted by OVO support about this issue, from seeing this message, and they still haven’t resolved it. They aren’t answering my messages either. I’m at my wits end about this now. 

Hi @viney 

OK perhaps try something a bit different if you would like to? 

You downloaded the Bright app. 

Drop them an email and ask if they can see any reason why you can't see the gas readings on their app

They are pretty good at looking into things, they might try something or spot something useful. 

support@glowmarkt.com

Do the same with Loop as you also downloaded their app i see

support@loop.homes

Other users have emailed these 3rd party apps, so we know they do investigate to see if they can fix things for their apps. 

I suspect they can't do anything, but certainly worth a try.

I don't work for OVO, i am just a customer like you. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Jeffus 

Glow told me I had to buy another unit to be able to read the gas usage. 
Loop weren’t able to help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Thank you @Jeffus 

Unless you have some sort of hybrid set up, I don’t understand the need for a second IHD. I have a Glow/Bright IHD which tracks both electricity usage at 5 second intervals and gas at 30 min intervals

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Thank you @Jeffus 

Unless you have some sort of hybrid set up, I don’t understand the need for a second IHD. I have a Glow/Bright IHD which tracks both electricity usage at 5 second intervals and gas at 30 min intervals

No point buying another IHD or CAD i think? 

The current IHD isn't displaying 30min gas readings, there are no 30min gas  readings at OVO and none at any of the 3rd party apps. They usually appear on the IHD if there are issues elsewhere, basically the whole thing looks dead for 30min gas readings.

I think Glow would try and get their IHD/CAD to work with the meter and use WiFi to get the readings to their app. But I can't see that working as @viney current IHD isn't showing 30min gas readings. And it wouldn't help with the 30min readings on ovo. 

Userlevel 1

Thank you @Jeffus 

No point buying another IHD or CAD i think? 

The current IHD isn't displaying 30min gas readings, there are no 30min gas  readings at OVO and none at any of the 3rd party apps. They usually appear on the IHD if there are issues elsewhere, basically the whole thing looks dead for 30min gas readings.

I think Glow would try and get their IHD/CAD to work with the meter and use WiFi to get the readings to their app. But I can't see that working as @viney current IHD isn't showing 30min gas readings. And it wouldn't help with the 30min readings on ovo. 

This is what they said:

>>I see that you have a Flonidian gas meter and we've recently had a few other customers also with an enrolled Flonidian gas meter saying their data wasn't coming through. We have raised this with the DCC to ask them if the configuration was checked with the DCC Other User role. We'll let you know when we have more news. This isn't trying to sell you our Display CAD but when customers have purchased the unit, they can then see their gas.<<

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

This is what they said:

>>I see that you have a Flonidian gas meter and we've recently had a few other customers also with an enrolled Flonidian gas meter saying their data wasn't coming through. We have raised this with the DCC to ask them if the configuration was checked with the DCC Other User role. We'll let you know when we have more news. This isn't trying to sell you our Display CAD but when customers have purchased the unit, they can then see their gas.<<

I wonder if there’s something in the set up with the proxy feed that needs one ‘configuration’ for each. 
Not that it helps a lot

Userlevel 7

Quick check, @viney - it’s just the half hourly gas usage not being picked up, rather than daily meter readings. We’re able to bill you correctly for daily costs which is the main thing. 

This is what they said:

Not sure there’s much more to be done at this stage then what’s happened here ^^^

Userlevel 1

@Tim_OVO thank you for your response. Please can you tell me, why is it that OVO is able to see my half hourly data but are not able to supply it to me? I have been constantly reassured that OVO can see this data. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Tim_OVO thank you for your response. Please can you tell me, why is it that OVO is able to see my half hourly data but are not able to supply it to me? I have been constantly reassured that OVO can see this data. 

@Tim_OVO @viney

I wonder if OVO can't see the 30min data. 

Perhaps the Support Team haven't communicated quite right for whatever reasons. That is one possible reason. 

1. It isn't on the OVO app

2. It isn't on the OVO website

3. It isn't on the IHD supplied by OVO

4. It isn't on the Loop app

5. It isn't on the Bright app. 

It is not just the DCC can't see the 30min readings. The IHD can't see the readings. 

Try asking OVO to email a spreadsheet of all your 30min readings for the last 3 months. If they have the readings, they are able to do that. That would be a good test as to whether they really have the readings 

Userlevel 1

Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. I’ve tried everything suggested to no avail.

OVO have given up on the issue I think. After telling me that it’s not possible to get hourly gas readings and to be grateful I can get daily readings.

I’ve also requested my data from OVO so I can see if something has been missed in communication, which they are also ignoring that request. 

I’m my last call I said I would change providers if it meant I could get the readings I’m expecting, and the customers services person said I should do that then. 

I had already lodged a complaint with OVO, which they are not responding to. 

I don’t know what else to do now.

Userlevel 6

Hey @viney 

I’m really sorry to hear about this.

Let me have our Forum Support reach out to you to see what they can do to help you with this. Look out for a PM from the team here soon: 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview 

Userlevel 1

Hey @viney 

I’m really sorry to hear about this.

Let me have our Forum Support reach out to you to see what they can do to help you with this. Look out for a PM from the team here soon: 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview 

Please don’t mark this as solved - it HASN’T been solved. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

The solved status is valid in this case. It’s issued when the question has an answer that helps the original user and/or wider community. We also rarely find out what happened from the original user because most of them never come back with any updates.

For these reasons, the Solved status on the forum is completely independent of whatever actions are taken (or not taken) outside of the forum.

Userlevel 1

9 months on, neither OVO nor any of the suggestions given in my post have helped with my issue. I still have no hourly gas readings showing on my in house smart display, despite following ALL of the advice given and spending hours and hours on the phone to OVO. If someone is reading his hoping for a resolution to their similar issue, I will post again once I have a resolution. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @viney,

Really sorry to hear this,

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out.