OVO SMETS1 Secure Liberty 100/110 smart meter guide

• 14 September 2020
  • 33 replies
OVO SMETS1 Secure Liberty 100/110 smart meter guide

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries. Kevin might also stop by if he gets chance. So you’ve got two possible chances of getting an answer that works. :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Just looking at an engineering forum .. isn’t it the other port (2 position) at the left of the keypad that is for the take off? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ohh, be careful about using a magnetic IR plug on a smart meter!

The optical port is disabled. Any attempt to attach basically anything to it will likely trigger a tamper alarm. Even if it’s just to read something else like the Metrology LED, you don’t want to take that risk!

So difficult to get in contact with by email. 

Keep sending me messages that I need to send a photo of my meter, reading and smart meter because they have an issue with it but don't suggest where to send it to. I have the worlds most awkward meter, it gives no clue as to how to get to the reading. I've been through the options on it and can't find anywhere where the meter reading might be. 

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what to do with ovo. I try to email this over to them and it bounces back with "this email is no longer in use". 

Seems to be yet another company that is doing anyway with humans and replacing them with useless answer bots that can't actually answer a thing! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There’s also a chat/WhatsApp available 

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

Userlevel 7
Badge

You might want to add your vote to this suggestion: Add a data submission bot to the Support armoury 😉

I was switched to OVO Dec 2022. Among many issues I had the same request. As all my readings were up to date, I replied to the email that asked me:-  “It has come to our attention that some of the meter details that we hold for your property may be incorrect and to send a photo of my meter”, by informing them all the details of my meters were on my contract/previous bills. I also asked for OVO to send me details of what exactly they think is incorrect. Not had any emails since.

If you are satisfied all your details are correct, then try asking OVO for what their issue is.

Good luck

FYI I have also just e-mailed Geo’s support to check if they have any ideas.

Did you get an answer for this ? I’m planning on using the same meter/display?