Solved

I have a Geo Trio 2 IHD but the online setup is greyed out?

• 28 October 2022
  • 17 replies

Hi I have a Geo Trio 2 IHD with Wi-Fi.  The IHD is connected to both SMETs 2 meters.  However the online setup is grey out.  I’s there anyway to activate this?  OVO are being a nightmare at present with communications.  They sent me an email to reply to due to some issues with my smart meters auto sending readings.  The email is only a couple of days old, and they asked me to reply to the email.  I have done so and the email address is no longer valid.

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 28 October 2022, 23:15

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Hercs74 ,

I’m Blastoise186 and I’m a forum volunteer here.

You’re in luck actually. Geo has given me a full list of all Status Codes for the Geo Trio IHDs.

Please can you get into the menu, go to System Status, select each element in turn and tell me the full Status Code for each one. This will let me figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Also, please use Live Chat to send the information back to OVO, rather than emailing it in. https://help.ovoenergy.com 

Hey @Hercs74 ,

I’m Blastoise186 and I’m a forum volunteer here.

You’re in luck actually. Geo has given me a full list of all Status Codes for the Geo Trio IHDs.

Please can you get into the menu, go to System Status, select each element in turn and tell me the full Status Code for each one. This will let me figure out what’s going on.

Thanks!

Hi,

Everything is ok, all aspects show green apart from cloud which is RED.  Problem with cloud Status : 41

Also, please use Live Chat to send the information back to OVO, rather than emailing it in. https://help.ovoenergy.com 

I had spoken on live chat, OVO emailed me and asked me to reply to email with answers so they could carry out investigation.  Time wasted, which I am not happy about.  Will speak to them tomorrow 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, got it. The agreement I have with Geo means I can’t reveal the full details as the full document itself is confidential. I have it on the basis of trust and because Geo believes I can make use of it on this forum.

Status Code 41 suggests a problem with the connection to the server. Try turning the entire IHD off and back on again. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to get OVO to contact Geo for further help.

Ok, got it. The agreement I have with Geo means I can’t reveal the full details as the full document itself is confidential. I have it on the basis of trust and because Geo believes I can make use of it on this forum.

Status Code 41 suggests a problem with the connection to the server. Try turning the entire IHD off and back on again. If that doesn’t work, you’ll need to get OVO to contact Geo for further help.

I shall try this and let you know how it goes…

I have seen a similar post on the OVO Forum before but I am asking again as this Error Code may be different.

I have a Trio II, fitted with a wifi module and Settings/Wifi Network indicated that the Trio is successfully connected to the wifi. The network connection is vis 2,4G, the signal strength is excellent and an IP address is displayed.

My router shows that a device with the specified IP address is connected to the network. To see if there were any problems with the connection to the router I rebooted the router but I still have the same problem.

The problem I have is under Trio/Settings/Advanced the network Settings is greyed out.

Going to Settings/Status  I see that the Trio has successfully connect to the meter network and wifi with no errors showing.

However the Cloud icon is red and shows the error - “Problem with Cloud, error 41, waiting to connect”

When I try to connect the Geo Home App to the Trio I am asked for a Secure Code, which should be available vis On-Line Setup. Unfortunately, in my case, On-Line setup is not available.

Any ideas?

Thank you

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya!

I can figure that one out really fast. The IHD isn’t getting a response from the server. Try turning the IHD completely off, wait 90 seconds and fire it back up. This sometimes fixes that issue.

If it still doesn’t work, try contacting Geo for help.

Hi

The Trio II tells me has an excellent wifi connection with the home network and quotes its IP address

The router shoes that this IP address is connected to the router. (My wifi signal in the region of the Trio II is strong, so no problem there).

I have tried switching off the router and the Trio II for about 30 minutes but nothing has changed.

It is obvious from other post on the web that this is not an isolated incidence. Can I ask OVO to change the Trio II for a Chameleon IHD6?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No need and that wouldn’t solve your problem anyway. Even without Cloud features, the Geo Trio IHDs are very capable and will still do more than the Chameleon ones can.

Please get in touch with Geo, they’ll sort you out. I’m known to them and they are absolutely amazing at helping out if you need it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@oldun email address for GEO

customerservices@geotogether.com

They direct users to this email

Userlevel 1

Just to let people know l have a geo Trio 11 the engineer changed it from a chameleon this is far better as it shows me instantly what I am using, however there was no WiFi so I sent away for the module £19:95 from Geo fitted it connected to WiFi no problem, but the online setup is greyed out, Geo support was excellent however doing what they asked to get it working didn't make any difference, so they said just sent it back for a refund which I have. The problem it's not the Geo Trio but OVO at the moment they haven't the time or resources to sort it out. I hope this helps 

Userlevel 7

Hey @David Jefferies,

Really glad to hear you like your new Geo Trio In Home Display!

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having with the online set up, the following similar threads might be helpful to you:

We have this FAQ which might be useful:

Userlevel 1

Hi Emanuel l did everything what we are asked to do, everything is working fine it's just that it will not connect to the cloud, so the problem is not the unit that is fine it cannot connect to something if that something is the cloud which isn't switched on to receive it, so the question is who runs the cloud to get them to switch it on

Userlevel 7

Hey @David Jefferies,

I believe the cloud is owned by a number of companies, for example Google had a cloud, Apple had icloud which is their version built into all of their apple products. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @David Jefferies if I search for ‘cloud’ on the geo site I get this (link below) which seems to indicate (part way down the page) that it is geo's cloud which needs to be connected to the IHD

https://support.geotogether.com/en/support/search/solutions?term=Cloud

Incidentally, isn’t that the part of their system that links to a smart thermostat?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You probably want the GEO Home app for this. :) And yes, it links their thermostat too iirc

Hey (name removed purely to avoid unwanted mention pings),

I believe the cloud is owned by a number of companies, for example Google had a cloud, Apple had icloud which is their version built into all of their apple products. 

Remind me to explain how that works sometime.