Solved

What is the best day to give readings to avoid estimates being used on bills?

• 16 February 2018
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 2

In the end it was such a simple fix. The problem is, it’s totally counter-intuitive! You’d think a manual closing read would have to be supplied before the end date of the bill, but not so - the bill takes a few days to generate, and the “day after” reading is accepted by the system. 

Just to illustrate, this is the sort of headache-inducing mess I had to to put up with for submitting a reading on the last day of my billing period (i.e. on the 16th, as officially recommended). Despite my regular actual readings, the opening and closing reads in every bill were routinely estimated:

And here’s an example of the cleaner, streamlined bills I regularly get now, simply by submitting the reading one day later than recommended (i.e. on the first day of the new billing period):

Userlevel 7

Thanks for flagging this, @userJP - I’ll try and find the right team to flag this to. It’s interesting to hear a reading on the 17th from you makes it onto the billing period that ends on the 16th. 

Userlevel 7

You’re right, @userJP we will bill up to a "closing reading" the day after the end of the bill, i.e. first day of next bill. We’re going to get that message updated so it correctly advisors customers of when to submit their reading. 

Thanks for helping us improve this!