Solved

Overcharging for storage heaters- Charge peak rates, at off peak times

Show first post

52 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi, I’ve not got the latest bill with me. I’m try to help a friend, who a neighbour of my mother. I think the Charges for each are correct, but I don’t understand why peak hour charges are higher, when off peak charges should be higher in the winter. My mother and friend are in same block of flats with the same supplier, yet mother’s bill is less than half of the friends . 

Things to look for ..

the earlier SMETS1 (early series 1) smart meters have gone through an update process. Typically this is something like a Liberty 100 (or similar) meter. Some of these, during the update process had their peak/off peak readings swapped over. 
Also generally, it’s important to check the readings on the bill to see that they correspond to what the meter says. 
I’m referring to the smart meter but that is different to the IHD (In home display) but ultimately, it’s the meter readings which determine the bill

Userlevel 6

Hey @Bobstock 

Did you manage to get to the bottom of this? BPLightlog left a good suggestion about the SMETS 1, this is something we’ve seen happen before that the Support Team are able to fix. 

I’d recommend contacting the team if you’ve still not got to the bottom of things.