Solved

Missing some bills since being moved to the new system - how can I get these?

• 8 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Checked and paid bill on 7th Jan 2024. I used to be able to see way back when we got moved from SSE but now my history starts at 2022 with a note saying you have been moved to our new system in Jan 2022. I check regularly and this has just appeared. 
Wealso have months missing from 2022 and 2023. I screenshot Dec to Jan with debit of £387 just before Christmas and on 5 Jan the debit is £551 !! What on earth are OVO doing. None of it makes sense.

icon

Best answer by Firedog 9 January 2024, 14:31

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Tricko ,

OVO should have a record of those somewhere. Try talking to them via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help and they can dig deeper.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Updated on 18/01/23 by Abby_OVO

Hi @Tricko ,

OVO should have a record of those somewhere. Try talking to them via Live Chat at https://ovoenergy.com/help and they can dig deeper.

… my history starts at 2022 with a note saying you have been moved to our new system in Jan 2022. I check regularly and this has just appeared. 

Yes, this is another recent change that we weren’t warned about. Until recently, it was possible to doomscroll down the billing history page to get, in my case at any rate, down to time immemorial. Now I can only get as far as the date of my migration on to the ‘new’ system (January 2020). 

Packrat that I am, at some stage I went through every one of my statements and downloaded the PDF, so I have a complete record in one place of all my bills from the day I moved in eight years ago. I couldn’t do that today. 

Missing bills on the history page are not necessarily a sign that something’s wrong; I’ve seen ‘portmanteau’ bills covering more than one billing period on occasion, usually when something went wrong. However, the opening and closing balances match in every case.  

If you want to see the actual statements for a period - e.g. starting before you see a gap in the history and ending after the gap - you could try visiting this page to get the corresponding PDF: https://smartpaymapi.ovoenergy.com/bast/bill/23456789from=2023-10-01&to=2023-12-31. Substitute your own account number for 23456789 and insert from and to dates that match the start and end of a billing period. If your bill runs from, say, 15 November to 14 December, then you would use from and to dates like &from=2023-06-15&to=2023-09-14 

To get this to work, I have to use a Chromium-based browser (in my case Microsoft Edge) on Windows. Visit account.ovoenergy.com and sign in, then open a new tab and paste your URL into the address bar. [This ensures that the access token stored by signing in is still there when we try to retrieve personal data. The token only lasts for 30 minutes, so if you see an ‘access denied’ error message, you may have to open the account page and sign in again.]

I’m sorry that I haven’t yet discovered how to do this for billing periods before migration to the ‘new’ system. 

Any luck?