Solved

Is there an email contact address to resolve complaint?

• 23 August 2022
  • 33 replies

Show first post

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I have said this many times, but sending emails to the CEO won’t work as they just get intercepted by another team.

Thanks Blastoise

I have sent it to their office and personal email accounts.

But I don’t mind if some other department intercepts the email as long as it results in it being dealt with by someone senior enough to be above the gatekeepers and guardians who rely only on the script they are given to bat away enquiries.  

It seems all the usual and previous email addresses for OVO have been closed. One of the statements on the OVO website suggests that this is to make communication with customers more efficient, which in real-speak seems to mean making it as difficult as possible so that fewer can actually contact OVO.  This channels everyone to the ‘call centre’ which comprises these guardians and gatekeepers and to get anything actually done the trick is to find out how to get past them.

I have added below another email which seems to work. Perhaps this will circumvent these outer perimeter defences that OVO has constructed to shield itself from customers, and thereby isolate itself from their feedback over where things are going wrong. It may make for a quiet life in the short term, but it also leads to the decline of a company because it does not know what is actually going wrong with its products and/or services.

This email seems to work: *edited by a moderator: email address not in use*

Userlevel 7

Hey @MalR,

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having, this sounds like a very frustrating situation.

We don’t have access to customer accounts on the Forum, but there are a few things to check in this scenario. To see if there may be something unusual on your account for the algorithm to come to that that figure when you have such a large surplus credit...

When you check your Online Account and take a look at the Direct Debit calculator what does the calculation show?

Have there been any out of line meter readings on your meter reading history?

Have your recently migrated from another supplier and could your account be either eligible for a read dispute or the estimated annual consumption be incorrect? 

How long have you been with OVO and do you get regular monthly statements? This refers to the PDF bills not monthly summaries.

Do you submit regular meter readings or is your account estimated? 

Have you recently come out of a fixed tariff? Prices have increased significantly so if you’ve previously been in a fixed plan you would have been protected from the last few years of price hikes. If you’re now on the variable tariff your direct debit would be worked out over a 12 month period. This means your credit balance would be taken into consideration as part of the calculation, but it would be worked out to ensure your current amount wouldn’t leave you in arrears by the end of the year period. 

If you contact our Collections Team they can put your account on a 3 month direct debit review suspension meaning your direct debits won’t be reviewed or increased for this period. 

Hope this helps. 

Hello, I’ve just joined this forum and am a victim of the transfer from SSE. This discussion interested me in that after an initial flurry of activity by OVO in sorting a wildly inaccurate estimated gas bill, I have heard nothing for a month now.

A couple of phone calls and I was fobbed off by saying the “case” is still open. Nothing against the people I spoke to - they’re just reading from the script and are not in a position to resolve anything. As a result, I, doubtless along with many others, are passed along from pillar to post.

What this thread told me and I confirm that there is no way of contacting OVO by email. This bad for for all customers as it denies them to lay out their case in a coherent fashion and of course provides OVO with the opportunity to confuse, obfuscate, deny any such conversations took place and not provide any kind audit trail for the customer should matters need to be taken further. I can only assume this is a deliberate ploy on the part of OVO to take away the right of customers to argue their case satisfactorily.

I could record phone calls (with due warning of course) or take photos of webchats which is straightforward as they are painfully slow, but other than signed for snail mail, has anyone found a solution to this problem? I do intend to send information to what must be an internal email address: hello@ovoenergy.com in the future, just for my record

I feel a complaint coming on, but looking at the complaints procedure as described on their website I don’t know how this can be done satisfactorily and importantly with an audit trail, without email. It’s bizarre how I now pine for the good old days with SSE...

Sorry for the screed!

PH

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There is an email address that can be used in fact. Two of them actually. hello@ovoenergy.com will get a response for anything that isn’t better resolved via other channels.

complaints@ovoenergy.com will always get a response. HOWEVER, emails sent to it will be intercepted by the main Support Team if you don’t have an active case open.

Thank you Blastoise for your quick reply, which is appreciated.

I have sent information (photo of the gas meter with serial no. and reading) to hello@ovoenergy.com. I will continue to send to this address summarising any phone/webchat conversations - I just want things to be on the record.

Thanks for the reminder about complaints@ovoenergy.com. During the second call, made earlier this week, the person I spoke to requested that the team dealing with my case update me and so I will leave it for a while to see what happens in this regard and in the meantime, try to be patient.

Thanks again.

PH

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Actually, you shouldn’t use the hello email address for that stuff. All phone and webchat conversations are logged anyway and you won’t get any response if you send meter readings to it - those need to go via Self-Service, or via phone, webchat or WhatsApp.

If you really want webchat conversations to be logged accurately on your end, then your best bet is probably to use OBS Studio and have it record the screen during a session.

Meter readings sent via email explicitly land in a “bucket” that won’t be responded to because it takes too long to pick them up.

Thanks for the clarification Blastoise. I was specifically requested to send a photo of the meter to the hello email address which I did.

But as you rightly say I will send monthly meter readings via my account.

Thanks for info about OBS Studio- will investigate, but it's reassuring that webchats are logged as I thought they disappeared into the ether.

Thank you for your help and have a nice weekend 

PH