Solved

Is the phone number 03450729386 that keeps calling me actually OVO? Someone online says it's a scam...

• 8 June 2022
  • 7 replies

• New Member***
  • 0 replies

Hi,

I keep receiving phone calls from the 0345 072 9386 phone number. Online it is listed as a scam phone number, but some people say it is actually OVO energy... Is there a directory with all the phone numbers that OVO might be calling me from where I can look it up?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 10 June 2022, 10:39

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @dd1d and welcome to the OVO online community,

Great question this one. I think this might be a number our Smart Metering team might use when calling to offer a free upgrade. Bear with me as I’m checking this internally for you.

Just in case you were interested you can always book your smart meter installation online too!

Userlevel 7

Updated on 17/08/23 by Abby_OVO

Great question this one. I think this might be a number our Smart Metering team might use when calling to offer a free upgrade. Bear with me as I’m checking this internally for you.

Just in case you were interested you can always book your smart meter installation online too!

Back with confirmation from the team, @dd1d.

That contact number is used by one of our outbound teams, so the calls you’ve received were genuine.

Hope this puts your mind at ease.

Hi I just got a text asking for an update to my meter reading but when I clicked on the link it was picked up as a scam.  How do I know when a bona fide communication is coming from ovo, whether it be email or text?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @mptbowl59 ,

Just so you know, the OVO Forum is technically closed today. A few forum volunteers such as myself might still respond, but please be advised that we are mostly taking the day off as a mark of respect.

OVO’s text messages and emails will always make it clear it came from OVO and shouldn’t trigger spam/scam warnings. Could you do me a favour and forward that text message to 7726 please? You’ll get a reply back from 7726 asking for the number that sent the original message. Reply back to that one with the original number and you’ll get a confirmation of the report being sent. Messages sent to and received from 7726 are free of charge on all UK mobile networks.

The best places to check whether you really need to submit a reading would be in MyOVO and the OVO Energy app.

Just curious though… What app triggered the scam warning?

Userlevel 7

Hey @mptbowl59,

Sorry for the issues you’ve had.

Can you confirm the email address you received that email from? We can then confirm if it’s one of ours.

For now you can log into your Online Account through this link and submit a reading. 

Have you thought about getting a smart meter installed. Here is a great guide we’ve put together which should answer any questions you have:

Hope this helps. 

I have received three calls from this number (03450729386) today and two yesterday, all five times I have stopped work, gotten up moved to a private area to take the call and answered. On all five occasions no one spoke and the call was terminated in around 5 to 10 seconds.

Can you please tell your smart meter team and their automated calls to kindly go away!
It’s extremely unprofessional and *Edited by Mod* me off!

Userlevel 7

Hey @The1GoatBot,

That sounds frustrating, 

If you contact Support, you can do so on web messenger, they can opt you out of any marketing and put a note on your account for no outbound calls relating to smart meters.

Hope this helps.