Solved

I've got no power supply, national grid confirm it's not a power cut and nothing odd on fuse box - How can I get help from OVO on the weekend?

Show first post

70 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

You can usually tryĀ onĀ FacebookĀ orĀ TwitterĀ from 9am - 5pm, Saturday and Sunday. This team are also able to schedule in an emergency meter appointment if needed.

Ā 

If you send a DM with your personal details (address, dob, account number) you might be able to get in touch that way

If this was not serious it would be hilarious.......try Facebook or Twitter. That has got to be the best customer service system of any company on the planet......or not!!!!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Weā€™re only suggesting that because OVOā€™s own Live Chat is open until 2pm on a Saturday but the user posted here after that time.

As forum volunteers we know OVOā€™s systems better than most customers do and this enables us to identify the right options dynamically. We only send people to OVOā€™s social media if we feel thatā€™s the best option on a case-by-case basis.

It is of my reasonable opinion that the suggestion BPLightlog made of going to social media is appropriate in this instance because the user posted at around 2:30PM on a Saturday. Iā€™d have done the same advice myself.

Sorry but if a company has to rely on volunteers to suggest solutions, then their customer service/maintenance system is sadly lacking. I can see on the forum that the help given by volunteers is more than welcome and appreciated but OVO should have a contact facility that covers all incidents.

I am in no way decrying BPLighting for their suggestion, just that OVO should be intervening with suggestions.

As regarding private/direct messaging my experience has been that following my PM their response was t ask for all my security details.Ā  I did give them and waited days for a response. No response so I deleted my private information. Then a couple of days later another message saying because I had deleted my details to please enter them again. Without any knowledge of who was asking except Billie or Dave, I asked them to prove who they were. No response at all since then. This only goes to show that OVO are very weak at customer service.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

However you see OVO customer supportĀ @JGANLEYĀ you appear to miss the point of this forum .. ordinary people offering general/technical help to others. It is not meant to be a customer account intervention point.Ā 

@stuartsimĀ  @JGANLEYĀ 

I noticed today that Octopus Energy have now opened up their website to allow new customers to transfer to that excellent and highly rated company !!!

Now that could be useful information for many

I am ovo energy customer and we have electricity loss on our home. I try to contact with customer care, they are not responding because of weekend.

i have monthly bill wise system and also i called 105 for energy supply confirmation.

they said problem is on your meter.

what can i do in weekend.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

Firstly, have you checked that it isn't a problem with your consumer unit? Are all the circuit breakers switched on, including the main one?

Ā 

What is showing on the screen of your electricity meter? If you press one of the buttons on the meter does the display light up?

Ā 

If you are able to post a picture of your meter that might help us.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Perhaps tryĀ 03301759669 if youā€™re off supply. Itā€™s supposed to be available until 5pm

Ā 

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

That's a prepayment meter, I think. It's asking for a top up code.

Ā 

If you Google "Vend Code" you'll get information on how to top it up.

I called 105, they electric supply is on but there is a problem in meter.

But i got monthly bill also so what to do recharge on meter or paying a billĀ 

I got a bill from ovo energy and from boost i got top up code.

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

I've done a bit more research and found a previous thread about this.

If you are on a prepayment tariff you just need to add credit to the meter.

If you're on a credit tariff your meter shouldn't be asking for a vend code so something has gone wrong. I think the social media team from OVO are available at the weekend so try contacting them on Facebook or Twitter.

Userlevel 7

Sorry to hear about this, @virendra1234. itā€™s all a bit of guesswork here as we canā€™t access your account to see whatā€™s going on. ButĀ it sounds like that Secure Liberty 100 smart meter is in a prepayment setting @virendra1234. If youā€™ve been sent a top up card from Boost, youā€™re likely on supply with them and the meter needs topping up. All that said, usually a smart meter will have a ā€˜non disconnecting settingā€™ over the weekend, overnight, whenever Boost canā€™t take your call.Ā 

Ā 

If you havenā€™t called Boost already, please do this when you can:Ā 0330 102 7517

Ā 

Let us know the latest when you get a chance

Ā 

Ā 

If i have topup meter then why i got a monthly bill from ovo energy Ā£326.63 from 15 feb to 14 march ?

can you please explain?

Ā 

Userlevel 7

Hi @virendra1234Ā Iā€™m sorry that I wasnā€™t more clear in my message.Ā 

Ā 

It looks like the smart meter is in a prepayment setting. That might not be the correct setting for you, if youā€™re an OVO pay monthly customer. Whoever is your actual supplier will be able to fix this, if thatā€™s currently Boost (which it sounds like it is, with your meter saying ā€˜Vendā€™ and you getting a top up card from Boost Power), then theyā€™d be best to flag this to.Ā 

Ā 

If you wanted a second opinion from someone able to look into this in more detail, drop our web chat team a message here.Ā Ā 

Power has gone out. Itā€™s not the fuses or the local power supply as other flats have power. Meter wonā€™t wake up when I press B. Itā€™s a joke that you donā€™t have proper weekend support.

Came back on for about 10 seconds, went off again and is now fluctuating on and off.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Came back on for about 10 seconds, went off again and is now fluctuating on and off.

Sorry to hear that, i don't work for OVO.Ā 

Taken from another post

For electricity, theĀ Distribution Network OperatorĀ in your region can be contacted directly when an energy supplier is closed, and the electricity meter is off supply due to fault. They should be able to replace that meter and get the property back on supply. This safeguard is in place as electricityĀ is considered an essential service with medical equipment and even medicines in fridges requiring a continuous electricity supply. With that in mind, we always advise anyone in such a situation to register for theĀ priority services register.

Userlevel 6

Hey @GWH84

Ā 

Sorry to hear about the problem youā€™ve been having with the meter.

Ā 

Is the problem still ongoing or has it been resolved now?

Settled down after a few hours.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Settled down after a few hours.

Just FYI as it wouldn't have helped in this situation

You can sign up to yourĀ local network operator for alerts. This is mine for example

https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/power-cut/text-updates?noAddressFound=true

You can find out who your operator is here

https://www.energynetworks.org/customers/find-my-network-operator