Solved

Energy costs no longer showing on my app

Until a few days ago my OVO App displayed both my electricity usage in kWh and the cost of the energy used daily/monthly etc. I was able to toggle between kWh and £ as required, however this feature is no longer displayed and I can only view abbreviated information in kWh only.

I have re download the app on both my iPhone and iPad but to no avail. Is there a bug in the app?

As I live in a rural area with no gas supply, being able to monitor my usage costs is important. Unfortunately, my smart meter display stopped working many months ago, and despite numerous emails, sending photos and endless phone calls no replacement was forthcoming. 

Please help, I’m getting very fed-up now! Thank you. 😊

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 10 March 2023, 12:08

View original

70 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi @MikeySpark and thanks for flagging this. 

When you’re on the OVO app Usage section, it won’t show £ costs for the intra-day half hourly usage section. But it should for the intra-month daily usage and annual monthly usage. Can you confirm yours are excluding £ costs for all three? Is this the same for the online account

I am also experiencing this. The cost functionality has been unavailable for about a week, only showing energy usage in kWh rather then the cost each day. 

I’ve tried contact OVO a few times through different forums but the wait time is too long. 

When you’re on the OVO app Usage section, it won’t show £ costs for the intra-day half hourly usage section. But it should for the intra-month daily usage and annual monthly usage. Can you confirm yours are excluding £ costs for all three? Is this the same for the online account

Yes, the intra-month daily usage and annual monthly usage costs etc are all not working, both on the app and on the website accessed using my iPhone, iPad or iMac. Up until a few days ago it was all perfect!

Oh yes, forgot to mention, but as I said in my original post the Smart Meter display stopped working months ago. I made numerous calls to try and get this sorted, often spending hours at a time dealing with it. Emails were also sent and photographs of the dead display unit and a replacement new one was promised but that was many, many months ago and nothing arrived.

The actual smart meter obviously works and transmits data back to OVO, but I have little opportunity to view the information. At the moment I’m relying on the Loop Energy app, but of course this has its limitations and isn’t entirely accurate.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

There’s very little stock of replacement IHDs available. And if you had yours for over a year, you don’t usually qualify for a free replacement as the warranty is only one year.

However, I’ve got options you can check out.

Use these options and you can get a new IHD in about a week.

There’s very little stock of replacement IHDs available. And if you had yours for over a year, you don’t usually qualify for a free replacement as the warranty is only one year.

However, I’ve got options you can check out.

Use these options and you can get a new IHD in about a week.

Than you. It was under a year old when it failed, but after trying night and day to get a replacement over a period of about six months I eventually gave up. That was about 18 months ago, but it would be nice just to get the app working again!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@MikeySpark

Could you post some screen shots of what you see on the

1. Website

2. App

in case one of us can spot anything obvious? 

I have the same problem. Some screenshots from app attached.

Don’t know if it is a coincidence but it happened just after I replied to a message asking if I wanted to be advised of any fixed price deals when they become available again.

Userlevel 7

Hey @MikeySpark and @EddieCC,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

I wonder if these issues might be due to the price cap increases and energy price guarantee increases in April? @MikeySpark did you also recently select that you wanted to find out when fixed prices become available? 

I’d advise contacting Support who can raise this to our tech team.

Keep us posted with how you get on.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @MikeySpark , @EddieCC

I am just a customer like you. 

It is happening to multiple users currently potentially on both the website and app. We did a bit of diagnostic on this thread

Would you mind doing the same and post the results on this thread, just follow the questions on the thread. That would help check if you have the same issue. 

One of the moderators @Tim_OVO is checking internally with OVO staff to get some feedback.

If i spot any feedback i will post on this thread. 

I have tried to use the OVO app today and noticed it's changed (first screen shows stats differently now).

But I think it's broken things, as I can no longer see any stats, daily weekly or monthly. Even historic ones. So it's now useless.

Affecting anyone else?

Note to OVO app developers, hope you didn't embed/pin digicert certs in your app. As they just changed those.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The issue is on the website and the app for me

We're experiencing some issues with usage

We're experiencing a temporary issue displaying usage data, which we are working on fixing. Please try again later.

Userlevel 1

Same here for both app and website.

Hi Tim 

for 2 days now I can’t see any of my energy summary on the app and my smart meter is working fine 

Under your energy summary it simply says 

Energy use isn’t available Check back later 

cheers

Trish

Userlevel 7

Hey @SarahH, @ChrisRyanUk and @Jeffus,

There does look like there is a issue today with usage graphs in general. I’ll update this post with any updates I get.

Really hope this gets sorted as possible. 

Userlevel 7

Updated on 13/09/23 by Abby_OVO

Hey @TrishT,

There’s an update on this, customer usage data is not available on OVO website or the app. No other areas of the website are impacted. We’ve now added a banner on the website to advise customers. We’re working on this issue but think fixing it will take several hours as it is quite complicated, the next update will follow once we have more information about this issue. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

We started off with seeing some users who couldn't see the usage in pounds, this has spread to not being able to see usage in pounds or kWh

Broken yesterday and still not working. Cleared cookies and logged out and in as suggested. Still not working! 

All those IT people and you think they might be able to sort it out to view useage.

Not paying for IT service, just gas and electricity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

It looks like the data feed is working - try now

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Try now - my usage data returned just now

It’s crazy. I’ve been scratching my head as I log in every day to see ‘how I’m doing’. Yesterday I noticed Ovo suggested a direct debit payment of £5.00 per month would be right. Delving further I see the total charges for the last 10 days came to just over £7 so something seriously wrong. Had forgotten about the app update and I did update so just hope this is sorted asap as it’s the first thing I check each morning!  

We’ve turned into crazy meter watching wrecks! 

Userlevel 7

Hey @ChrisRyanUk,

We’ve had reports from other customers that the usage pages are now working- let us know if this is the case for you too.

With the direct debit calculator it’ll be worked out as your average consumption for the year if you are on a Variable Tariff or until the end of your contract if you are fixed, it also takes into account any credit balance you have on your account. If you have a large amount of credit you will have a lower direct debit suggestion. The following tutorials might be helpful to you:

Well this is all well and good but my app this morning is still telling me £5 a month would be an acceptable amount for my direct debit. Have rebooted phone. 

Mobile app not updating usage today

Can no longer view daily monthly cost in £ only kwh , is the same on the website and the app,

Anybody else still having these issues, always used to see usage in £ and kw.

Seems waste of time if can't see what your spending. 

Grateful for any replies. 

Mark👍