Solved

Why do I have high overnight usage showing on the In Home Display (IHD)?

• 6 February 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi

Just started to review our usage on the small monitor and don't understand why the hourly usage between 1.30am and 5.30am is almost as high as when i had the washing machine and dish washer on this morning. Any idea? Thanks
icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 14 February 2019, 14:32

Just started to review our usage on the small monitor and don't understand why the hourly usage between 1.30am and 5.30am is almost as high as when i had the washing machine and dish washer on this morning. Any idea?

That's odd @Elainecul - it depends on the appliances you have at home. A big fridge/freezer or a very efficient washer could level it out, storage heaters on at night? Things on charge?

This page might be worth a look

Also think about adjusting targets on the IHD

This is a similar topic with good advice

@The_Happy_Pig here's a topic with a similar issue!
View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2
Just started to review our usage on the small monitor and don't understand why the hourly usage between 1.30am and 5.30am is almost as high as when i had the washing machine and dish washer on this morning. Any idea?

That's odd @Elainecul - it depends on the appliances you have at home. A big fridge/freezer or a very efficient washer could level it out, storage heaters on at night? Things on charge?

This page might be worth a look

Also think about adjusting targets on the IHD

This is a similar topic with good advice

@The_Happy_Pig here's a topic with a similar issue!
This is something that I have noticed since getting OVO smart meters installed about 3 weeks ago.

So I go to bed and check the meter, when I wake up in the morning all if a sudden there's a big jump in what the meter said I had used when I went to bed and what the meter is telling me I used the previous day when I get up in the morning.

So, yesterday, I went to bed not long before midnight with the meter saying I had used £4.76

Today, when I check to see what my total usage was for yesterday, it tells me I used £11.85!!

Despite the fact that it says that I used 0.06 kWh more than when I went to bed. My daily standing charge for electricity is 27.4p and gas is 24.7p. electricity per kWh is 14.83p and gas is 32.13p so I can't work out where £7.09 came from.

Weirdly, it never seems to add an extra charge on a Friday.

What is this extra charge and where is it coming from? Any ideas anyone?
Userlevel 6
Badge
Hey @The_Happy_Pig, we'd really need access to your readings/usage in order to answer this for you. Best thing to do is call the team on 0330 303 5063 and they'll be able to access this.