Solved

How can I contact the OVO Feed-in tariff (FIT) team?

Show first post

103 replies

Userlevel 7

I’m sorry to hear of your frustrating experience @barneyrubble

If you’re unhappy about the service you’ve received or the timeframe given, you can find out about our full complaint procedure on the website. 

If you want us to check how the team has handled your complaint, you can ask for an internal review. You can do this at any stage of the process. Even if you’ve agreed to a solution with OVO, you might then decide it wasn’t the right one. You can contact OVO and ask for an ‘internal review’. 

Userlevel 2

Hi Tom, I have sent many emails to fits@ovoenergy.com over the past few months, many of which are still outstanding for response, and action by the FiT’s dept.

What does the ‘seg’ prefix stand for on the other address you suggest?

As far as I can tell, you only ever have a skeleton team in your FiT helpdesk! I’m fed-up with hearing about staff shortages. If it’s not Covid it’s Christmas! Ben Blake should do something about it & employ more people!

Can I suggest you access the complaint I raised on 12 December (OVO Complaint Ref No 22255481) and look and the 1st 2 complaint items which are outstanding. Item 1 relates to the outstanding FiT payment. Item 3 is due to be resolved next week.  I sent an additional email to fits@ovoenergy.com yesterday with my email of 12/12/23 embedded.

FYI the Energy Ombudsman has been informed and an account set-up for my complaint.

Is somebody merging threads?  Just got an alert for a new post…

SEG is the Smart Export Guarantee - the replacement for the FIT scheme.

Good luck @Chris D!  The Energy Ombudsman has been very helpful in moving my case forward.  Today is the 28th day since I complained to the EO and we’re already in the 14 day period that Ovo have to accept the EO’s decision!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Yes, it’s a weekly process that helps to keep the forum tidy. However, in some cases it may be actioned more frequently, depending on which moderators are on duty and other factors.

Thanks Elljay.

Very helpful to know about the EO response times. Much better than OVO’s!

Userlevel 2

Ovo seem to be very understaffed.  The manager I spoke to on 10th October agreed with me what they needed to do, but the FIT “Back Office” just haven’t made any progress at all since then.  Nothing...  Nada...

Ovo have now just accepted the EO’s Decision so they now have till 5th Feb to implement all the Remedies, which are exactly what they agreed on 10th October they needed to do plus playing me £150 because they’ve taken so long!

Userlevel 1
Badge

Has anyone had their FIT payment from the December meter reading yet?

I have talked to the FIT team and they said they couldn’t access my account and would call me back - I am still waiting for the call back…

Userlevel 7

I’ll ask internally if payments have gone out @StillWaiting and report back

Badge

I was changed from SSE to OVO last September with no warning at all. All I got was an email saying Welcome to OVO! I was not told how/when to submit meter readings.

When I phoned up it was too late for the September readings to be submitted. I was told I would receive an email in December reminding me to submit readings with a link provided. It got to 23rd December and no email was received. I phoned up and was told they could take my readings from me over the phone. I gave them. I was given a reference number.

I rang up again on 26th February asking for my payment. I was told this would be raised with the back office for payment and I was given another reference number. They would call me within 5 working days. They didn’t.

I have just called again. They don’t know why I haven’t been paid. They will raise it again. Someone will be in touch in the next 5 days. I haven’t had any payment from OVO so far and my last payment from SSE was August 2023. Why is it impossible to speak to someone who can actually authorise my payment? I just keep getting fobbed off. Is it difficult to transfer to another company?

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, I have called three times so far…

1st time: We will call you back - I’m still waiting for this call back!

2nd time, 7 days later: gave me a complaint number, but no other info.

3rd time, a further 7 days later: your payment, well the first part, has been dispatched.

and…still no payment 4 working days later.

So that means I am at 104 days and still waiting. This is for electricity I supplied to them since September to December.

I wonder what they would do I people delayed paying their electricity bills for this amount of time?

I feel your pain. Still waiting for my December 2023 payment. Email not answered.

There is no option 4 when you call

Userlevel 6

Hi @Shelagh2401 Sorry you’d not had a reply here yet.

@petebl 

I’m sorry to hear you’re both having trouble with FIT payments, these aren’t the experiences we like to hear and I’d like to try and help both of you get this sorted as soon as possible.

I’ve asked the Forum_Support to reach out to both of you so they can take a look into this and get this moving for you. Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Userlevel 6

Hi @petebl 

Thanks for the feedback on this.

I gave this a test myself from a number not registered to an OVO account, calling the 0330 303 5063 number, selected option ‘1’ as being an OVO member like you would do at the first instruction, it then asks for an account number. You may not have your energy with OVO so if you don’t have an account number, you can wait for a few moments while the IVR asks for an account number a few times. It then provided me with a full list of options to select from including ‘4’ for the FIT team.

I was also presented with the same list when I selected option ‘2’ (I’m not a current OVO customer), and it did not ask for an account number then. I was then presented with option ‘4’ through the list for the FIT team.

This was done from a phone number that isn’t linked to an OVO account and is possible to hear option ‘4’ for FIT team.

If you give it another go sometime soon, let me know how you get on and what options you are presented with instead.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well, I have called three times so far…

1st time: We will call you back - I’m still waiting for this call back!

2nd time, 7 days later: gave me a complaint number, but no other info.

3rd time, a further 7 days later: your payment, well the first part, has been dispatched.

and…still no payment 4 working days later.

So that means I am at 104 days and still waiting. This is for electricity I supplied to them since September to December.

I wonder what they would do I people delayed paying their electricity bills for this amount of time?

And still no payment, 108 days now and counting!

Badge

replied to the private message on Friday and haven’t heard anything since.

Userlevel 7

I’m really sorry to hear this @StillWaiting, I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Shelagh2401,

Thank you for your patience, 

Someone will look into this and reach out to you within the next few days, due to the nature of the Forum being primarily for peer to peer advice we have a very small Forum team so responses aren’t immediate.

If you need any immediate help with your account it’s best to reach out to the customer support team

Badge

If you read my original post you’ll see I have…..a few times.

Userlevel 7

Please check your private messages @Shelagh2401, the Forum_Support team have been looking into this for you. 

Badge

I called customer services again yesterday. They said Mohammed had tried to call me 3 days running. He hasn't. He called me once and left a voicemail saying he'd try again and if he didn't get me he'd email. He hasn't done either. I'm not sure why he was calling me because I just want my statement and overdue payment. Customer services said as there is now a complaint opened they can't help do I asked if I could speak to someone on the complaints team. Oh no you can't get put through to them was the response. Why not?

Badge

I feel your pain. Still waiting for my December 2023 payment. Email not answered.

Have you got your payment yet?

Badge

I've just had a webchat with Anita who was no help at all, didn't answer my questions and decided the conversation was over without consulting me. I've just about had it with OVO. I feel stressed and have wasted so much time just trying to get what I'm owed.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Have you got your payment yet?

I’m still waiting for my December payment. I was called by their complaints department on Monday and was told they would call me back on Friday to see if I had my statement and payment - they never called back!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @StillWaiting,

I’m really sorry for the issues you’ve been experiencing with your Feed In Tariff payment and statement, that’s definitely not the experience we want for our customers.

I’m going to have our Forum_Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this.

Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

Userlevel 1
Badge

The money (well some of it) arrived in my bank today - time to celebrate!!

I have just got to wait for the final payment from my December 26th reading, which they say they did not get until January so I won’t see until sometime in June - July, sigh.