Solved

Will the Charge Anytime EV add on work with Podpoint or will I need to change the EV charger?

Show first post

72 replies

Userlevel 7

Hi there and thanks for posting this. 

We won’t be able to give specific time frames for EV models that are currently not compatible for Charge Anytime.

Even if we asked the person at Kaluza who is leading on this, they are dependent on the other company (either the EV or charger manufacturer), so any answer we would give would be a guess. My advice is to find the best energy plan that suites your needs. 

Dear OVO team, I’ve just been notified that there has been a software upgrade to my Pod Point home charger that now allows it to do smart charging:

Are there any plans for this home charger to be added to the list of compatible chargers for the Charge Anytime EV scheme sometime soon?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Well, if it’s got Smart Charging now then that’s a step forwards which could unlock future compatibility.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@ianasrodrigues thanks for that news - mine also seems to have been changed but no info ? How were you notified ?

Userlevel 7

Hi @ianasrodrigues,

It’s true that Podpoint isn't currently compatible with Anytime, although as you mention, some models have received a smart update recently. I would imagine this will have flagged up on the development team’s radar.

For customers with an incompatible charger, we would advise looking at the direct to vehicle (D2V) route and checking if their vehicle is compatible.

Trying to sign up for Anytime charge with ovo. As a current account holder i have a podpoint solo3 and will be getting VW id4. It is saying not compatabile at this time.

If i enter details as not a current customer it says i am compatabile. Can anyone confirm if pod point or VWid4 are ok for this offer.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Trying to sign up for Anytime charge with ovo. As a current account holder i have a podpoint solo3 and will be getting VW id4. It is saying not compatabile at this time.

If i enter details as not a current customer it says i am compatabile. Can anyone confirm if pod point or VWid4 are ok for this offer.

The id4 is compatible according to the list (with v3+ software) 

Do you also have a smart meter or is there something else from the T’s & C’s needed?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/terms/charge-anytime-terms

The id4 is compatible according to the list (with v3+ software) 

Do you also have a smart meter or is there something else from the T’s & C’s needed?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/terms/charge-anytime-terms

I have a smart meter, must be a glinch on the ovo website

Userlevel 7

Very interesting, @deklinda we’ve had something similar posted this week:

I’ll get it flagged. As BPLightlog mentions your EV is compatible with Charge Anytime via direct-to-vehicle. 

Badge

Sorry for bringing this older post alive again…but my query is linked…does anyone have any experience of D2V charging with Charge Anytime (EV is compatible) but using a PodPoint Solo 3 charger?  Just interested in knowing how anyone has found this setup.  I assume you just ignore the PodPoint app entirely and set your charge needs via the OVO Charge Anytime app.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sorry for bringing this older post alive again…but my query is linked…does anyone have any experience of D2V charging with Charge Anytime (EV is compatible) but using a PodPoint Solo 3 charger?  Just interested in knowing how anyone has found this setup.  I assume you just ignore the PodPoint app entirely and set your charge needs via the OVO Charge Anytime app.

Yup, that’s right. Make sure to totally disable all schedules in the PodPoint app first, then set them up in Charge Anytime so that you can avoid conflicts.

Badge

Yup, that’s right. Make sure to totally disable all schedules in the PodPoint app first, then set them up in Charge Anytime so that you can avoid conflicts.

Thanks again @Blastoise186 ….I should just send all my questions directly to you! 😝

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Haha, I’m just a Ninja! XD

Comes with being relentless with the Recently Active feed. I see literally all activity. :)

Userlevel 7

@deklinda, I’ve seen a recent workaround for this from @markvwid4:

I have solved this issue.

Step 1. ignore the OVO website.

Step 2. download the app

Step 3. Sign up and it will work with the VW.id4

The error is on the OVO website where you select the dropdown boxes. not the actual system or app. 

I have solved this issue.

Step 1. ignore the OVO website.

Step 2. download the app

Step 3. Sign up and it will work with the VW.id4

The error is on the OVO website where you select the dropdown boxes. not the actual system or app. 

Hopefully this works. Have downloaded app and it is saying id4 is suitable. Just waiting for car to be delivered.

The Web site is definitely wrong still saying id4 not suitable. 

@Tim_OVO any ETA to add compatibility with Pod Point?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

From what Kaluza have told us forum volunteers… Possibly never. EDF owns PodPoint which causes a conflict of interest.

That’s unfortunate.

Is there a Kaluza email address we can use to enquire about planned support for other vehicles?

Both charger (PodPoint) and vehicle (500e) are not compatible at the moment :(

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Fiat support might come someday, but they don’t have a timescale. It takes a while to develop the agreements and get the integrations going.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

That’s unfortunate.

Is there a Kaluza email address we can use to enquire about planned support for other vehicles?

Both charger (PodPoint) and vehicle (500e) are not compatible at the moment :(

You can try smarthome@ovoenergy.com but they are rather coy at giving any info as it all depends on various parties giving access 

Badge

@Emmanuelle_OVO are there plans to add the bmw i5 to compatible vehicles.  
when using a podpoint charger. Shoukd you set that to manual.  I have an ix3. And using the charge anytime. 

many thanks 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Stevenlevy,

I’ve asked the team and they advised, ‘we're always looking to introduce new cars to Charge Anytime, but we have no timescale on when this will be unfortunately.’

You can see all eligibility details in our Charge Anytime page here.