Solved

Ford electric vehicle smart charging issue with OVO Charge Anytime?

Show first post

79 replies

Userlevel 3

Updated on 03/05.2024 by Shads_OVO

Update for Ford drivers having issues with Charge Anytime

You might have noticed issues using the Charge Anytime app to smart charge your EV recently. That’s because, in March, Ford blocked third party access to their system following a review of their security protocols.

Unfortunately, this means we don’t have access to your charging data, so can’t provide Charge Anytime credit until Ford approves the use of third party access to their system. We know this is disappointing and are really sorry for the inconvenience. We’re working with Ford to resolve this, but unfortunately don’t have a solution yet.

A thank you from OVO

We really value you as a customer and want to thank you for bearing with us, while we work with Ford to fix this. As a goodwill gesture, we’ve added £25 energy credit to all our affected customers’ accounts. You need to be on supply to get this payment. You'll see this on your next bill.

We’ll be in touch as soon as we have an update from Ford.

Thanks

The OVO Team

Userlevel 2
Badge

So after a week of being ok. 
kept logging in and out of the OVO app. I have had my ford pass suspended again tonight. 
would be really good to have a time frame on getting a resolution. 
I thought the similar issue with octopus was resolved in 6 or so weeks. 
this seems to be dragging on. 
any news gratefully received. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Octopus isn’t fixed. I’m still getting tons of reports that Octopus customers are getting auto-banned by Ford despite it supposedly “being fixed”.

OVO is working with Ford to directly rebuild the system - that’s the latest info I’ve got.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hey @danh71,

Our understanding from other members is that it’s affecting other suppliers so it isn’t something we have control over. Ford have chosen at this time to restrict access to vehicle data which is used to calculate the credit for Charge Anytime. The team are working with them to try and resolve this as quickly as they can. 

The most up-to-date information is pinned to the top of the topic and any updates will be posted there. We have credited customers accounts as a gesture of goodwill while this is worked on.