Solved

Ford electric vehicle smart charging issue with OVO Charge Anytime?

Show first post

79 replies

Badge

I haven’t seen any convincing evidence that Ford’s issues are that serious to warrant app suspension in the first place. For the most part my use of Charge Anytime has worked very well for over 14 months.

Badge

Any progress with getting this sorted? This is really annoying that both companies don't do much for their own customers...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Any progress with getting this sorted? This is really annoying that both companies don't do much for their own customers...

Update due by the 8th April. Please wait until then.

Badge

Is there any point writing (email) to ford, complaining and highlighting their poor reasoning. If so, does anyone have a name, address and title. TIA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As mentioned, please wait until Monday for an update first.

Userlevel 4
Badge

@ARH73 @Longer @petegay @danh71 

Just to let you know I have reached out to the team this morning asking if we have any news to share. Once I know more I will come back and update the thread. 

Badge

As a heads up to anyone who finds themselves in my position. As a consequence of ford cancelling fordpass and me having to cancel with OVO, my car would not charge. After 2 days of phone calls and text, it seems the cancellations have locked my wall charger from my car. It took BG SyncEV to remotely reboot the charger and finally connect it to my car. Thanks ford for all this agro.

I hope no one else have there problems. 

Userlevel 4
Badge

Updated on 09/04/2024 by ChristopherS_OVO:

Update for Ford drivers having issues with Charge Anytime

We were expecting an update from Ford yesterday, but unfortunately, they had to push this back while they carry out their investigation. We know this will be disappointing to hear – we’re doing everything in our power to help Ford find a fix. We really value you as a customer and want to thank you for bearing with us.

As a goodwill gesture, we’re going to credit all affected OVO customers’ accounts with £25 by the end of April. You’ll need to be on supply with OVO to get this payment. We’ll let you know once it’s been added. We’ll be in touch as soon as we have an update from Ford about whether you’ll be able to access Charge Anytime again.

Thanks

The OVO Team

Please confirm what ‘on supply with OVO’ means in order to get the £25 ex-gratia payment mentioned in the latest OVO communication. In order to keep my FordPass account & App working, I’ve removed my vehicle from the Charge Anytime App for the time being.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you were known to be using a Ford EV at all with OVO Charge Anytime (unless you did the Charger route), and still have your electricity supplied by OVO, you qualify. The EV doesn’t have to be linked right now to get it.

Thanks for the response to my message. What is the (unless you did the Charger route) saying exactly? I’m an OVO Charge Anytime user and an OVO customer for energy supply so, I assume the £25 gesture from OVO applies to me. My charging wallbox was supplied by Ford as a consequence of my Mustang purchase in 2021.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you used a compatible Charger with Charge Anytime i.e. an Ohme or Indra one, you wouldn’t have had this issue and wouldn’t have qualified for the £25 gesture.

Badge

Any further updates? How long do we have to wait to finally get this sorted? Calling Ford every single day it's sp annoying...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Soon. But it won't be any faster if you guys keep asking 

Badge

Oh so it's our fault? Because once per week we are asking the questions when the agreement between OVO and Ford will happen... great ... good to know... We have heard "soon" 4,3,2 weeks ago. So probably same story for another month or longer…

We are OVO customers, paying bills so we've got full right to as the questions...

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I never said it was. However, you don’t have the right to assume that Forum Volunteers such as myself have psychic powers and can answer absolutely every possible answer under the sun. You’re making demands of the wrong person here - it’s Ford you should really be asking, especially as to why they nuked your accounts in the first place.

I’m on exercise with the Fire Service today, so I’ll spare you the trouble of reading my usual long post style because I don’t have the time to write them this morning.

Long story short… Getting this stuff fixed is NEVER an overnight job, nor is it just about fixing the code. It also requires legally binding agreements to be fixed too - and you should probably know by now that lawyers love to drag things out for as long as they want.

Be patient, an update will be posted soon.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Longer 

I’m really sorry about any inconvenience caused. At the moment the team are working with Ford to get this resolved. We’d be back with an update on this as soon as we have one.

Any update ??? I am getting bored now having to ring Ford every time I charge 😔

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You DO NOT need to keep asking.

We will update you when we know more. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ok, I’ve just spoken to Ford myself. Please note that this was done purely as a personal thing and not in an official capacity.

I’ve had confirmation from Ford that the issue - and the impact - has been recognised internally on their side and that they’re definitely working with some of the third-party apps in question to set up a proper path forwards - and this plan would include enabling Smart Charging with multiple energy suppliers. The agent couldn’t confirm exactly which ones yet, but they want to widen the field to as many as they can.

I’ve suggested that they put out an official statement with the latest updates and have some kind of status tracker that can be a single source of truth from their side, one which I can just grab the link for and point everyone at to say “Hey, here’s where Ford is up to! Go check it out!”

This seems to have gotten them excited and the suggestion is going direct to Ford management. Hang in there for a while - I’m keeping an eye on whether that becomes a thing.

Has anyone having the FordPass issue received the £25 goodwill gesture as outlined by Christopher _OVO on 9th April? My current billing period doesn’t show any additional credit to 30th April.

Userlevel 3

Hi @Neavey,

I’m sorry to hear this. 

I’m going to have our Forum_Support team reach out to you so they can help you further with this. Look out for a private message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

Badge

Hi is there any update on this situation? Thanks

Badge

Been hoping that it has been sorted, as for last 7 days no issues whit charging but this morning again an email account blocked...

Badge

@Longer same I was hopeful as it took a little longer to block me this time. ….but has happened again 😭