Solved

Ford electric vehicle smart charging issue with OVO Charge Anytime?

Show first post

79 replies

My Fordpass account was suspended today and I was told that this was due to the OVO App breaching the terms of OVO’s contract with Ford by accessing information that it’s not part of the contract.

This is interesting because, you would have thought that all it needed was that the car is plugged in and then tell it when to start charging.

I wonder what other information they are taking?

Userlevel 2
Badge

Thanks. 
would be good to have an idea of how long. 
If it’s unknown or some way off I’ll look to swap to octopus. 
also please can the solved tag be removed from the top of the thread as clearly it isn’t! 

Userlevel 2
Badge

My Fordpass account was suspended today and I was told that this was due to the OVO App breaching the terms of OVO’s contract with Ford by accessing information that it’s not part of the contract.

This is interesting because, you would have thought that all it needed was that the car is plugged in and then tell it when to start charging.

I wonder what other information they are taking?

it’s an ongoing issue, octopus had it and resolved it before Christmas. 
don’t know how Ovi are getting on and ford won’t speak to me as company car and say they can’t due to gdpr. A load of …… if you ask me. 

My app was disabled today… Same problem as everyone.

Hope that a fix comes quickly…

Userlevel 7

Really sorry to hear this @CowboyJames, as soon as I get an update from the team i’ll make sure all relevant topics are updated with the new information. 

Badge

Mine went again last night, just about had enough charge to do a 160 mile drive....down to 5% when I arrived. 

Had to phone Ford again to unlock my account. 

If this can't be relied upon, think it might be time to move suppliers. 

Badge

Just had my account locked an hour ago... Ford is really taking a *edited by moderator* on their customers... any known solution has been put in place, or still the only is to call FP and ask them to unlock account?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @lennox1970  & @Longer,

I’m really sorry to hear the issues are still ongoing. We have escalated this as a priority and we are awaiting an update. When we have more information to share we will let you know.

Badge

I have spent the best part of the day trying to sort this problem out. Ford say they can't reinstate my account until OVO remove all credentials, which I hope is now done, but as yet not been able to get in. I find this an incredible situation, Ford must have known about this issue for some time but did nothing, no warnings or early advice. This could cost its owners hundreds of extra pounds a year. I have emailed the managing director to express my displeasure and I urge as many of you to do the same. 

I only hope this can be resolved asap and would appreciate any feedback. 

Badge

I've called FP early morning, my account got enabled straight away. So far Charge Anytime works. Let's hope it will stay like that.

Badge

I envy you Longer. I still can't login. Have rung ovo and they confirmed that all data has been deleted but still no login. Very frustrating. 

Badge

What is Ovo’s reasonable estimate of timescale for resolving the issue with Ford with Charge Anytime? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

What is Ovo’s reasonable estimate of timescale for resolving the issue with Ford with Charge Anytime? 

Please read the thread - and the current Best Answer - before posting, as that would have given you the answer instantly.

There’s not currently a known timeframe - it’s HIGHLY dependent on Ford playing ball again. As mentioned, this is a Ford issue, not a Charge Anytime issue.

Badge

Thanks all - glad I’m not alone with this problem - I have the same issue and now not getting the credit - OVO charge anytime have told me they expect any update for affected customers by 8/4/2024.

Picking up on Tim’s point above “ It also means those customers won’t get Charge Anytime credit for charging during this time. We’re sorry about this.” With all the data OVO have on my usage under this scheme - could OVO not give the affected customers a credit (based on past usage) whilst they sort this problem out with Ford? Then no one is out of pocket?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @ARH73 ,

We asked the team for an update this morning but they are still working on a resolution. We currently don’t have a timescale for when it will be resolved as it is out of our control.

I understand how frustrating this is for you and when we have an update we will update the Forum.

Badge

48h later account disabled again... p... take...

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Longer & @ARH73 ,

We should have an update to share by the 8th of April. We have heard from other users that you can still charge your vehicle using the cheaper tariff. You will need to call Ford each time this is done and then unblock your account. This is the most up-to-date information we have, when we know more I’ll pop back to this topic and update you. 

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 26/03/24 by Tim_OVO:

Update for Ford drivers having issues with Charge Anytime

Thanks for bearing with us while we work with Ford to get you back on Charge Anytime. We hope to have an update by 8 April. If we find out anything sooner, we’ll let you know. 

We really don’t want you to miss out on your Charge Anytime rate. If we can find a solution, we'll ask Ford to share your charging data, so we can backdate your credit. We’ll let you know if we’re able to do this.

And we’ll update you here as soon as we have any other information. 

Badge

Well done Tim. Keep up the pressure. Wishing you every success. 

Badge

Thank you for this update. Before I cam ehere, I had earlier emailed bith yourselves and Ford Customer Care urging a resolution asap both from personal benefit (credit back) but also the environmental aspects.

Will the update come by email to customers or found here on the forum?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Probably both. Keep an eye on both the Forum and your emails.

Userlevel 7

Yes @Chris H we’ll update these forum topics as soon as there’s an update. 😊

Badge

As other users have reported Ford suspended my Ford Pass app. I spoke to one of their team. He alluded to Ovo and Ford in discussions to resolve the matter but was otherwise not very helpful. Given the size of Ford and Ovo I hope for a quick resolution. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Ford should at least offer to unban you for the time being - have they done so?

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @ARH73

@Blastoise186 has made a good point here. You can contact Ford each time you charge and they will unlock the account for you. We have heard this from most of our members in the same position. It isn’t the ideal solution but it will allow you to continue to use Charge Anytime until the issues have been resolved.