Solved

Charge Anytime - how can I switch from one car to another or to connect Charge Anytime to multiple vendor accounts?

• 8 February 2023
  • 64 replies

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

One of the moderators can untick this post on Monday. 

Userlevel 7

Thanks for confirming those details, @RobG-Reading. Keep us updated on what you’re seeing, hopefully those smart meter details are updated on your online account over the coming days, perhaps weeks (up to 6 weeks from smart meter installation), and then we can make sure Charge Anytime is linked and working correctly. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

@RobG-Reading

One thing you could do which would simplify matters is create a new gmail account for the car.

You can then use that to authenticate with the app from as many devices as you need without worrying about the integrity or privacy of your own or anyone elses google account.

For example, if my name was Gary Arnold Zappa and I did this for a Mustang I might set up a gmail address for the car called *Edited by Mod* which I could then use as my charge anytime credentials and so could anyone else who drove the car and needed to charge it from the same property.

The OVO account credentials would be one or the other of yours anyway so using a set of credentials for that car and giving it it's own email address would help simplify things too.

Of course, in the future your chargepoint might be fully compliant with kaluza or a whole new platform might develop meaning you only need to register the chargepoint and use it's app with OVO picking up the details without any further apps required.

For now though, using the charge anytime app and letting it control when the car takes charge through the car's api actually seem to give better details if you care for them.

Incidentally, the charge anytime app doesn't integrate nor does any other account details for charge anytime. You will see the credits listed in your OVO energy account however you access it but it's only listed as an itemisation on the bill.

If you have a fully compatible chargepoint then you don't use the charge anytime app but simply use the app for the chargepoint. This way of doing things does show some integration with your OVO account although the data you see is a little sparse when compared to the charge anytime app.

Having both ways of doing things but at different properties I can see where any confusion might come from but it is what it is.

Gaz

Badge

@Gazwad 

Thanks, that sounds like a good solution to me. 

I’m surprised there is no reference to your OVO Energy account from the Charge Anytime app but once I’m through the first month then I’ll hopefully see the credits applied and know  it’s all been correctly setup.

thanks

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I gave some feedback to my Indra installer who was curious about how the Indra and OVO anytime bolt on needs to be configured.

I also did another bit of a charge today. 

Although everything is working I must say I mmiss he granularity of data one gets from the charge anytime app as opposed to relying on the running total in the OVO energy app and the erroneous costings applied by the old Indra app.

I'm really looking forward to the release of the latest app which should be compatible  with OVO/Kaluza.

Hopefully in the future the OVO charge anytime app could be linked to the vendors app to give a consistent across the platform controll mechanism for when one needs the charging to take place.

Gaz

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, is there any update on multi-vehicle support for the Anytime App where you’re using D2V? My wife has a Cupra Born and it’s been great getting the Anytime charge rate, but I’m due to get and EV soon too. 

I guess if not, I’ll have to go down the route of creating a separate account with a different email address as other have suggested. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nothing we’ve heard of. The forum moderators are able to check in with Kaluza and forum volunteers like myself are able to ask to put questions to Kaluza via the forum moderators.

Would you like me to see if yours can be forwarded? I’d definitely be happy to give it a shot.

Userlevel 1
Badge

That would be great 👍 Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Sure. Leave it with us. Just so you know, I can’t promise or guarantee any response or if you do get one, what it’ll say. But I can definitely ask for permission to forward this one.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Chimaera500,

If you’re D2V, you're only able to have one vehicle at this moment in time. The team are working to bring back in app support for multicar support, but there's no reliable timeframe for this currently. That old work around with separate accounts isn't available anymore as it was causing issues.

I’ll update this thread with any further developments. 

Badge

When trying to pick the energy tariff on the ohme app. If you click ovo as the supplier. It doesn't have charge anytime as the plan. Only something called drive. Can anyone help with this? Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Jiffj43 , not sure why you’re trying to link via the Ohme app? If you’re already with OVO then it’s best to look at your account page

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime

Badge

Hi @Jiffj43 , not sure why you’re trying to link via the Ohme app? If you’re already with OVO then it’s best to look at your account page

https://www.ovoenergy.com/electric-cars/charge-anytime

I will have 2 teslas in the same house. So from previous discussions on here before was under the impression it's best to sync the charger rather than the car? So both cars get the cheaper rate. I'm new to all this by the way

Badge

Evening 

We have a charger already setup and used with our OVO anytime charge account - can a second charger be set up for a second family EV and can it be set up with the same OVO main electricity account ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

From what I understand, that feature is currently disabled due to issues. There's plans to bring it back though, once it's been fixed up. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @dms66 

I’ve asked the team for an update on this to see if they’ve got a timeframe planned out for bringing the function back. I’ll pop back on here when I’ve heard from the team.

Userlevel 6

Hey @dms66 

I’m back with an update from the team. 

At the moment, it isn't possible for a second charger to be under Charge Anytime at the same time as another. The team are currently working on multi-vehicle support, but there is no time frame for multi-charger support currently.

Badge

Hi there,

Is it possible to add a second car to the Charge anytime app. If not are there any workarounds for this.

cheers

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Scott EV , there are several people asking about this. If you have a compatible charger, you can connect any EV to it - just not at the same time. 
If you’re going down the compatible EV route, then some have tried to use this but found problems at present

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi there,

Is it possible to add a second car to the Charge anytime app. If not are there any workarounds for this.

cheers

@Scott EV

Available now. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes, with the V2.0.0 Anytime app it’s working for both vehicles now. Thanks for sorting just in time for my second EV arriving Ovo!

Hi

My wife is about to get a Cupra Formentor PHEV and I’m thinking about swapping my car for a Polestar 2 in the near future. We don’t currently have a charger installed so can choose an OVO compatible model as the Polestar isn’t compatible itself, but could someone explain how the app and scheduling would work in that scenario? 

Can you swap between cars in this way without issues? My wife would probably need to charge hers every 2-3 days and me hopefully not that often as I have access to chargers available at work, but I will want to charge the Polestar at home sometimes. If we both need to charge one after the other how does the app handle that scenario?

Many thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Last time this was mentioned, with a compatible charger it should work as that works with any EV. It might be worth checking with the team at smarthome@ovoenergy.com 

Userlevel 2
Badge

I have an Indra Smart Pro linked to Charge Anytime.

Most of the time it's used to charge my Cupra Born, but every now and then a friend with a Merc EQA visits, and charges while she's here.  I just change the car model from mine to hers in the Indra App (so it 'knows' what it's dealing with), and it charges without any problem. 

I can't see why that strategy wouldn't work on a daily basis if necessary, and it's easy enough (takes moments) to do.

Thanks both, I’ve pinged an email to support to check. It looks like one of the Ohme chargers would be the best to go for if it can do the same as it’s also fully supported by the tentacled energy company should we ever need to switch, just to keep future supplier options open as much as possible :)