Solved

Charge Anytime - how can I switch from one car to another or to connect Charge Anytime to multiple vendor accounts?

• 8 February 2023
  • 64 replies

Show first post

64 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

One thing Indra gives you is solar PV as an option but if that’s not on the cards then the Ohme is probably a good bet

One thing Indra gives you is solar PV as an option but if that’s not on the cards then the Ohme is probably a good bet

Thanks yep we’ve not got solar at the moment and although I’d like it at some point, there’s lots of other things the house needs before we invest in that so very unlikely in the next few years.

Badge

Evening all

Could I please ask for some help and guidance on how to use charge anytime in my situation please which is outlined as below:

• I have an Ohme Home pro smart charger
  • I have previously had a different EV and benefited from charge anytime without using the dedicated Charge anytime app. I used the ohme app to manage charging and saw my credit in the standard OVO account app
  • I have just changed to a Skoda Enyaq and saw there was a dedicated charge anytime app so I downloaded this thinking it would be easier and connected it to the skoda successfully and can see the charging credits.
  • As of today we now also have a 2022 Vauxhall corsa-e - this is not listed in the charge anytime app so I cant add this vehicle.

I have  a few  questions please:

1) as I have a compatible smart charger will the vauxhall benefit from charge anytime?

2) will there be conflict with the charge anytime app if I plug the vauxhall in and it doesn't see its the skoda so wont charge or give credits? or will it work fine ?

3) am I better off getting rid of the charge anytime app and carrying on as I did before ?

4) if so will I have to change my vehicle everytime on the ohme app as it cant manage 2 vehicles (Ohme problem  I guess)

I'm getting a bit confused so apologies for my naivety and lack of understanding.

All help appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Terrier28 , I will let others answer specifics where they have experience but a general post from elsewhere -

The Charge Anytime app is used for direct to vehicle (D2V) control. Where a customer has an eligible vehicle but does not have an eligible charger, they should use the D2V app. Where a customer has an eligible charger (regardless of whether or not their vehicle is eligible), they should use the charger app.

The difference between the two at the moment is that the D2V customer will see savings in their D2V app, whilst the charger customer can see savings in a page called “Your EV” in the My OVO account.

If a customer has an eligible charger and has downloaded the D2V app, they are likely to be setting schedules in multiple apps which will cause a conflict in commands being sent to charge the battery. As a result they may miss their ready by times and will probably not be able to reconcile their Charge Anytime credits.

Hope that is useful in some way 

Badge

Hi @Terrier28 , I will let others answer specifics where they have experience but a general post from elsewhere -

The Charge Anytime app is used for direct to vehicle (D2V) control. Where a customer has an eligible vehicle but does not have an eligible charger, they should use the D2V app. Where a customer has an eligible charger (regardless of whether or not their vehicle is eligible), they should use the charger app.

The difference between the two at the moment is that the D2V customer will see savings in their D2V app, whilst the charger customer can see savings in a page called “Your EV” in the My OVO account.

If a customer has an eligible charger and has downloaded the D2V app, they are likely to be setting schedules in multiple apps which will cause a conflict in commands being sent to charge the battery. As a result they may miss their ready by times and will probably not be able to reconcile their Charge Anytime credits.

Hope that is useful in some way 

Thanks for the reply. I will try the Ohme app for the Vauxhall and see what happens

Userlevel 7

Hey @Terrier28,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

The following topics might be helpful to you:

I’ve added a badge to your account so that fellow EV owners can see you’re one of them! 😊

Userlevel 6

Hey @Locoblade 

Did the smart home team get back to you about this?

Hey @Locoblade 

Did the smart home team get back to you about this?

Hi Abby

I did ask them how it would work with an Ohme charger and they did reply, but neither the answer or the links to Ohme actually answered the question being asked regarding multiple cars on one charger. I did reply back again asking for clarification as all they mentioned was multiple schedules but got no response

Here’s what they said

Ohme Home Pro is compatible with charging anytime, so you will be able to get the benefit of cheaper charging.

On the Ohme Scheduling page, you can set up multiple schedules to suit your charging. Please click on the link for more information.

https://ohme-ev.com/support/explore-charge-schedules/

Charge Anytime works as per the schedule added to the Ohme app. We smart-charge the EV and make sure your EV is ready by the end of the semester. You can plan your charge based on your needs.

https://ohme-ev.com/support/how-do-i-set-up-ovo-charge-anytime/

Please note that you need to use Urgent or Boost Charge for emergency use; this won't be charged at a lower cost as the charger tries to charge your car as quickly as possible. So we won't be able to smart-charge.

Are you able to help?

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Howdy @Locoblade ,

In that setup you can just plug in any EV you want freely and it’ll just work. Don’t worry about messing with the settings! :)

Howdy @Locoblade ,

In that setup you can just plug in any EV you want freely and it’ll just work. Don’t worry about messing with the settings! :)

Thanks, I thought it needed to know what car it was charging so it knows when and how long to charge to have it charged ready by the end of your schedule etc?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Nope, it just works :)

Badge

I currently have a compatible Ohme Smart Charger and an Audi Q8 etron. Charge Anytime works fairly well through the charger and kaluza. If we get another EV, can we just plug it in and let Ohme do the work?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I currently have a compatible Ohme Smart Charger and an Audi Q8 etron. Charge Anytime works fairly well through the charger and kaluza. If we get another EV, can we just plug it in and let Ohme do the work?

Yup! As long as the second EV is compatible with the Charger e.g. the right type of socket for a Tethered Charger (unless you have an adaptor), you can freely plug in ANY EV you wish and get the Charge Anytime rates.

Guest usage is also allowed and qualifies too - just make sure the guest has your consent to charge first! :)

Badge

Thanks.