Solved

Shift & Save. Taken part in 3 but had not feedback from OVO?

Show first post

45 replies

Userlevel 7

*Edit: please be advised that the communication about the event on the 9th has NOT been sent yet due to an issue.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi Tim

3rd S&S trial I’ve taken part in and haven’t received any feedback to date.

Userlevel 2
Badge

I received the email.

With a target of 1.1kWh I saved 0.7kWh over the hour.

I simply switched off the heat pump for the hour as it would have minimal impact on the house temperature and not have to compensate too much when it restarted.   For the 2 hours in the cold weather in early December this was impractical. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @cmccullie,

Really sorry to hear this, 

I’ve raised this issue internally and will let you know when I get a response.

🤔 I’m kind of assuming that if a lot of people do even a tiny bit to reduce demand, the cumulative impact will be carbon and energy saving?  Be nice if OVO could share the the outcome of the trials to let us know… Taking part has made me think about how I can make small behaviour changes... like what appliances I use and when.  

Userlevel 7

We’ll be sharing the stats from this trial, @Birnie - things like amount of carbon saved, kWhs shifted all sorts!

From reading this, it appears a customer service rep mislead me.
She told me, once I was on the scheme, I did not need to accept / reply or anything each time a new trial day is run.
From the postings above, it appears, I have to accept everyone. Which does against what I was told.

Once again, more confusion about this scheme. Im guessing it was a great headlne for the gvt, they do seem to like them. Whilst making it a difficult as possible by not making it everything clear.
Ive never seen the rules, only a few comments in the initial feedback.
Also I know I am in the scheme, but have no idea if I have achieved any targets or saved anything yet.
It comes down to yet again, poor to no communication from OVO and / or the govt.

Userlevel 7

Hey @JBaker,

Sorry you’ve not received clarity,

Here’s a link to our page full of frequently asked questions around our Shift and Save trial.

Here’s a link to the trial terms and conditions. 

You can request to join our Shift & Save Forum group here. 

Hope this helps. 

Thank you

Hello Shift and Save Forum,

I have not received an invitation from OVO to join Shift and Save, but I would like to do so.

On my OVO portal (in my account) I do not see a tab or button or any other way to volunteer to trial shift and save. 

Can anyone advise me how to volunteer for this trial?    I have a smart meter (have had for four years or so) and comply with all the small print.

I look forward to receiving any advice.

Willskiff

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @willskiff ,

I’m really sorry but there’s no spaces available for OVO Shift & Save as it’s now full. OVO selected and invited all eligible customers a couple of months ago.

As far as I’m aware, pretty much all other similar schemes are also fully subscribed so you probably won’t be able to access any of them now.

Hi Blastoise186

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Willskiff

Just registered for S&S forum, when reading Q&As it says I will be notified my performance after each trial, this has not happened, no communication from OVO 

That does sound strange. Perhaps we can flag @Emmanuelle_OVO to review for you

I’ve had an email after all the shift and save events telling me how much I saved and if I hit my target 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi Blastoise186

Thanks for the helpful reply.

Willskiff

@willskiff you could try signing up via Hugo or one of the other 3rd parties

https://hugoenergyapp.co.uk/

Here are a couple of the sessions i took part in.

Where can I see the credits of money saved on my bill from the dates I have done as I’ve had my results email but cannot see them on the corresponding periods monthly bill 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Look at your Charges and Payments > See details for the current period.

Scroll right down to where the VAT is shown below Charges Breakdown.

It’s there under Other as Shift & Save Promotion

Mine isn’t showing there and I have done 6/7 ones now so I will ask them where it is as it’s not on any of my bills 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@Niknak1375 only the December ones will be on your January bill. I’d give it a while as it’s busy on the phone lines these days with people with more important problems !

I thought shift and save credits from December would show on my January bill but there is nothing. How and when do we get these credits as its definitely not on the following months bill?

Userlevel 7

Hey @Bella75,

Sorry to hear this,

We have a Shift & Save group here on the Forum. I’d advise requesting to join and then posting your question there.

Other trialists should be able to offer some advice!