Skip to main content
Rank 2
December 30, 2023
Solved

When will I get access to my online account?

  • December 30, 2023
  • 195 replies
  • 6419 views

OVO have treated their customers who are on their legacy on-line portal very badly. OVO decided not to inform customers by email that their on-line access had been suspended and have failed to pro-actively keep us informed of when our on-line access will be restored. Despite being assured on multiple occasions that on-line access would be restored by the end of 2023 this is now promised in Q1 2024.

 

Customers need to let OVO know that they need to keep us regularly informed and make it a priority to restore our on-line access by the end of January not the end of March 2024.

 

A selection of my recent correspondence with OVO is below.   

9th December

“I am afraid I have no infinitive date on when you will be migrated over to our upgraded system, where you will be able to use the app.  When we spoke some time ago, we said end of the year However, let me take this away and see if I can get an update.”

11th December

“We are currently working towards getting a defined date for when you would be able to get back into the App, as currently the working time frame for this internally is End of this year into the beginning of 2024, however we will see what we can do to find you a defined date on this.”

13th December

“We are currently working towards getting a defined date for when you would be able to get back into the App, as currently the working time frame for this internally is End of this year into the beginning of 2024, however we will see what we can do to find you a defined date on this.”

22nd December

“I have been asking around to find out more information on the migration, and I have been told it will all be done by end of Q1.”

 

 

 

Best answer by Chris_OVO

Hi, 

 

We’re very sorry that you can’t log in to your account at the moment. We’re working on fixing things and will be back in touch in the near future with an update. In the meantime, you’ll continue to get your bill every month by email or post as usual. If you have any questions or need help with anything, please chat, call, or email our support team.
 
We’ll update this topic when the remaining customers are migrated over to our new system.


 

 

195 replies

Emmanuelle_OVO
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
October 7, 2024

I have also finally after over 18 months waiting been migrated about 2 weeks ago been able to sign up for beyond and the one thing I was desperate to get is the ev chargjng CHARGE ANY TIME which all looks to be working correct. All meter readings look to be working correct managed to change my plan/ rates today and changed my direct debit all via the online app. So just waiting for the bills to level out in a month or do at next billing. So for any one waiting looks worth the wait the app is a 100% step up from the old one

 

I’m relieved to hear this @garystokey. I’m sorry it’s been such a frustrating journey but I’m glad you’re now able to benefit from Charge Anytime 😊

Renewable Energy? Big Fan.
Rank 2
August 3, 2025

Total joke this.

I’ve been moved over from apollo to oirion about 3 years ago.

Shambles

Cant log in, cant find the websitie to either. I log in and it says your on payg and gives me a random account number.

Was told about a year ago they are migrating 5 members a day, just 5500 in 3 years.

terrible company constantly hit with fines. scrubbing their firums of any criticism too.

Blastoise186
Super User
Super User
August 3, 2025

As we’ve said before, something like 99% of customers who were on Apollo have already been migrated to Orion - almost all of them were done during the primary automated migration phase. The few that remain are being done manually because either the automation choked on them, or because Orion wasn’t ready at the time. During the peak of the process, thousands of accounts were moved every week.

It’s been a few years since adding new accounts to Apollo was discontinued. What’s left are the accounts that take longer - because they need to be manually fixed first.

Being critical of OVO is allowed here, provided it follows the House Rules just like everything else. If they’re broken, that infraction is what causes a takedown, whether critical or otherwise.

Securing energy by zapping security bugs... For that is The Blastoise Way! Remember, I'm just like you - AI Powered Evil Geniuses aren't Staff!
Rank 2
August 6, 2025

Sorry mate, are you threatening me?

The criticism is rampant and already public knowledge, million and millions in fines over multiple years for the same problem is appalling. This isnt OVOs first rodeo with failing to give customers access to accounts.

I'd link to the OFsted reports but no doubt Id get banned. Highest comp fine out of the 18 companies for charging errors. Thats a fact not criticism.

A company charging you but you cant view your account and theyre well known for overcharging, not giving it back, 2nd lowest for customer service needs to address the situation

99% of 4million customers leaves 40k or so stuck.

In 3 years at 5 a day thats 5.5k

They were migrating 122k SSE customers a week when they absorbes SSE...

How can this have happened? How can the manual change over take so long? It will take them 26 years at that rate lmao.

Rank 2
August 6, 2025

In favt its worse.

Ovo have 4 mill customers, Boost didnt.

 

So the 1% of boost customers would be less than 4k neeed to be switched.

Its been at least 2 years since the switches started.

5 a day should mean they have finished migrating them all.

Can I have access ro my account then? Im part of the 1%