Solved

Will my new FiT provider pay the money owed to me by OVO?

• 21 November 2022
  • 13 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am currently switching my FIT licensee from OVO to Octopus. I am owed a full quarter by OVO and will be owed 2/3rds of this quarter by the time the switch takes effect. OVO have told me Octopus will pay all this money but I find it hard to believe and they won’t confirm this in writing. Does anyone know if this is true?

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 21 November 2022, 17:08

View original

13 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @RuthArundell . What reading have you given to Octopus for the switch? They can only work from that of course. 
My own FIT scheme has been with one company since we had the panels installed and that has worked well. There have been hiccups as numbering has changed but in general I’ve found my FIT payments to be regular. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Well that’s sort of what I assumed - as when you switch anything else, you usually square the old account and open the new one on the switch date. But it’s not what OVO told me - the adviser assured me Octopus would pay everything back to July, even though I don’t switch until late November. It just seemed implausible, though perhaps it works out via the levelisation somehow? Anyway, since they refused to confirm in writing and never answer emails at all, I’ve asked Octopus, who usually respond to emails pretty quickly. I have a letter of complaint already written in case it turns out not to be the case. OVO don’t even have my correct bank details and refused to accept them from me - it just feels like they are looking for ways to avoid paying. SSE were like that during the first year, but presumably they soon realised that dealing with all the complaints wasn’t worth the benefit they got from sitting on people’s money. I used to phone them at least once every quarter and they once told me they hadn’t paid me as the amount was too high! I had to get quite aggressive with several ‘customer support’ staff before things improved, which is a shame as it isn’t really their fault. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @RuthArundell,

Sorry you were misadvised,

I have double checked with the experts and they confirmed, OVO would pay to your switch reading and then Octopus would take over payments after this.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

What do I do now then, since I was told you have the wrong bank details for me, and was not allowed to give the correct ones? I consider the time it takes OVO to pay FIT payments absolutely disgusting anyway - and now it looks as if even this will be delayed. And presumably I’ll now have to spend another couple of hours waiting on the phone to talk to someone again!

Userlevel 7

Hey @RuthArundell,

You can now speak to our FiT Team by calling the number for care 0330 303 5063 and selecting ‘4’ when the IVR instructs you to do so.

They’ll be able to change the bank details on your account.

Hope this helps. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you, but having spent 5 hours on this yesterday I gave up after ½ hour waiting this morning and am now writing a complaint. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @RuthArundell,

Sorry to hear you weren’t able to get through,

I’ll get someone from Forum_Support to reach out, keep an eye on your private messages. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

What private messages? As a FIT only customer it seems I can’t get an online account!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Keep an eye on https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

You’ll get something show up there within the next few hours.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you!

Badge

Has anyone moved their FIT tariff from OVO to someone else.,  If so, how is it done?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @MAG1036

A few have switched to Octopus.

They have a form

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe9COCPm8AnTjCzfg46i2ETETr30ofv9aRSwANLhV_AuIqTeQ/viewform

Badge

Many thanks we are also looking at Utility Warehouse