Solved

How do I set-up a Boost Pay-as-you-Go (PAYG) account following a change of tenancy?

Show first post

60 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Why am I paying off the previous tennets debt of £1168 she left wen we did an exchange 

Sorry to hear that. 

Have you put in a complaint yet?

After 8 weeks or a deadlock letter you can ask the Energy Ombudsman for help.

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

Unfortunately no one on the forum has access to your account as this is primarily  a forum of customer helping each other where possible.

Obviously you are not liable for the debts of a previous customer. 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Kevin halford,

Sorry for the issues you’re having,

You shouldn’t be paying off a previous tenants debt, you’ll only be liable for your usage since you moved in. Can you please confirm whether you are pay monthly, with OVO Pay as you go, or with Boost (also pre-payment or top up)? 

I’ll then be able to explain next steps. This similar topic may be helpful to you:

Let’s get this sorted for you. 

Hoping someone could help please

just bought house but no idea how to top up the smart meter that’s installed. At least I think it’s a smart meter I haven’t much idea.

here’s what I can see, any help to top this up asap much appreciated thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Cg1234 ,

That is indeed a Smart Meter. But you need to set up an account before you can top-up. Please call 0330 102 7517 on Monday to set up with Boost, OVO’s PAYG brand. They’ll get you sorted.

You can then ask to migrate to OVO Pay Monthly if you wish during the same call.

Userlevel 7

Hey @Cg1234,

Welcome to the OVO Online Community,

Once you have set up your account with Boost Energy you’ll be able to top up via the App!

Feel free to pop back to the Forum if you have any more questions for us 😊

The 1 April I am moving in a new flat. The smartmeter of this is managed by OVO.
The display show a debit. This flat is empty since few week.
Who paid for this debit ?

Currently I have not gas and electricity suppliers accounts.
Can I chose an other supplier than OVO on my new flat.
And if it is possible, what happens about the current OVO’s smartmeter ?

For more, I have a old SSE/OVO Energy account not use since 9 months and I have a little credit. If I chose OVO how I can reactive my acccount with this new address ?

With a smartmeter, is it possible to paid by cash, or pay as we go ? Because I don’t want to use the direct debit
Thank you for your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Aonghas ,

You’d just need to set up a new account, which would result in that debt being wiped and you’d then be able to get it migrated to OVO Pay Monthly with either Pay On Demand or Direct Debit. The previous occupier would remain responsible for that, or the landlord/estate agent - not you.

Your existing account won’t come with you and would have to be closed.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

…and the credit in your old account should be automatically paid back to your bank, as far as I know.

I just moved moved home recently, discovered that the previous occupant was in top-up arrears. Have now changed the electricity and Gas supply to my name. I was told I will be provided with top-up bar code per post, which has not arrived till now and finds it difficult to top up with the temporary top up number issued to my. What do I do next?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You need to contact Support for this, we can’t access the account. Sorry!