Solved

How do I set-up a Boost Pay-as-you-Go (PAYG) account following a change of tenancy?

I am a landlord and need to set up a pay as you go account with my details as tenant has vacated. How do I go about doing it? I’m not able to access an activated account. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thank you 

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 9 May 2022, 12:12

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +3

We had to do the same, albeit with a different energy company and on a standard meter. I just called up the energy company and explained the situation. They created an account for me without any problems. I did it after the new tenants had moved in so I knew the exact period to be covered and was able to pay the bill straight away.

Your case might be a bit different because it's a pay as you go meter, but customer service will be able to help.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 28/06/22 by Jess_OVO

Just to double-check as you mention having Pay-as-you-go meters there, have you been in touch with Boost, our PAYG sister company to get things set-up yet? You can find the contact details for the Boost team here.

Hope this helps.

Hi.  Moved into a rented property yesterday and have no gas.  The meter is is saying debt £34.  I have no card or any idea how to get gas it is ovo.  But been on hold to them now for 2hrs n no reply yes. Any advise plz.  Have a baby in the property so need gas ty

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Joe22 ,

Sorry for the wait! Almost everyone here is a volunteer and we’re only able to stop by when we’ve got some free time.

I think you’re actually looking for Boost rather than OVO in this case. Boost is a sister brand to OVO and that side is dedicated to PAYG customers. If you use the live chat (the yellow bubble icon!) on the homepage of https://www.boostpower.co.uk/ you can get through to an agent. There is a chat bot which will answer initially, but once it knows what you’re after, you’ll be put through to a human.

Ty so much.  I don't know if it is a payg. Ty I will try ovo and boost on Monday.  Waited 2hrs on the phone Saturday as it said it was open but it cut me off after 2hrs

I have recently moved into a home supplied by OVO. It has a smart pre payment meter. I cannot get through on the phone due to offices being closed. My power has went out and I do not have an account reference number to top this up.

Is there a way to top this up.

Thank you for this. Managed to get an account set up and topped up!

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You’re welcome. :)

If you fancy getting switched over to OVO’s Pay Monthly tariffs, feel free to have a chat with the Boost Support Team. They’ll need to discuss a few things with you and if everything looks good, they can make the arrangements to move you over.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries.

It might be worth considering switching to Pay Monthly with OVO to help make things a little easier. If you’d like to do that, the Boost Support Team can definitely discuss this with you and make the arrangements. Feel free to ask about that when you get in touch.

If everyone agrees to go ahead, Boost will initiate a transfer on your behalf.

Userlevel 7

Did you manage to get through to the Boost Team this morning, @Joe22?

As your meter mentions a debt balance and is currently off supply, this does suggest your meters are currently in prepayment mode. The Boost Support Team can help get an account set-up which will make sure any debt balance accrued before you moved in is reset. You can find the Boost Support channels here.