Solved

Where are my smart meters located? How can you find the meters if they're not in the same place?

• 11 March 2021
  • 1 reply

I need to find my smart meters. Can anyone tell me where to look please?

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 11 March 2021, 13:44

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Updated on 21/07/23 by Emmanuelle_OVO

Howdy @TaffyOutlane !

There can be a few places to look, but it often depends on how your meters were originally installed. They can be in loads of different hiding places!

To get you started, I’d recommend looking around your property for anything that looks like a meter box - especially outside the house. They’re usually on a wall somewhere, but some gas meters are semi-concealed in unusual places, such as in a box in the back garden.

If you don’t get any luck with that, the next place to try would be near your fuse board/consumer unit. It’s fairly common for electricity meters that are inside the house to be near the consumer unit, as this makes it easy to find them. As for the gas meter, it should be near the emergency shut-off valve, but you might need to follow the pipework around the house. You should find it eventually!

Some really clever meters are pretty stealthy however, and we’ve heard of cases where meters had chosen cupboards, basements, cellars, attics and even garages a few times!

I hope this helps. If you’re still stumped though, feel free to give us a shout.