Solved

Switched supplier: Economy 7 smart meter not sending reads and IHD needs re-configuring?

Show first post

109 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

@MikeMilf 

Keep an eye out here for a message 

https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Userlevel 2

@MikeMilf and others, the saga continues…

Ovo now claim they have resolved my case with the ombudsman - they have not, they've made it worse.  My meter now has no off peak rate at all and charges peak time all day long.  Further to this, they have deleted all my usage readings form my online account and posted 3 months worth of bills with only the standing charge covered.

Further to this, having chased repeatedly with the ombudsman complaints team, I end up talking to someone who is pretty sick of Ovo themselves as all they seem to do is field calls like mine all day!  They told a lot of interesting information that seems to expose what is REALLY going on - and it's not a good picture that they've painted.

This is what they told me:

“When Ovo migrated all the SSE E10 tariffs they knew in advance that they could not support them, that they could only offer economy 7 timings on Smart meters.  They didn't tell us (customers) and forced the migrations through in order to meet a deadline for wrapping up the business of SSE once it had been bought out.  Rather than actually tell us about this as customers, this saga has been going on since migration and will likely affect literally every customer with E10 and a smart meter.  Ovo do not know when they will be able to support E10 with a smart meter - some time in 2024 is the best response I got - and even then we are going to need our meters changed as they cannot use the existing ones”.

Despite this, they keep our accounts showing as being E10 customers as I suspect that if they forced us down to E7 in writing, there would be legal recourse for such action.  I will be passing this information back to the ombudsman in relation to my case and will be seeing where we go from there.

@MikeMilf - this seems to fit in with your experience of being ‘moved’ onto E7 timings as well?

Userlevel 4

Hi Jessica

Yes that certainly fits with my experience. I could live with that providing the rates were adjusted accordingly

Im not holding out much hope that the period where my peak/off-peak rates were inverted will get properly addressed.

This is such a (deliberate?) shambles that I believe its the sort of story the consumer pages of say the Sunday Telegrapgh  should be made aware of. Dont know though whether that would help us or hinder us though, but I would love to know how many people have been affected that dont use these forums

Its getting to the stage where I think our bills should be wiped and a fresh start made on 01.01.24. I dont care if that makes me sound like a grifter, but if we have been the subject of deliberate mis-billing, then they should suffer an appropriate loss.

As for my formal complaint Ive heard nothing more other than generic responses from hello@ovo. When it gets to four weeks, I will escalte it and remind them they have eight weeks to give a final response. However it seems that going to the Ombudsman is the last thing to worry them, hence why I think adverse publicity may be in order

What really gets my goat, is that they will still have the ability to disconnect us if we dont accept whatever half baked solution they eventually come up with.

Keep fighting the good fight!

Userlevel 4

Oh I forgot to mention….

How can their billing system be incapable of picking my usage readings and turning them into bills, when they are picking up all the readings in relation to PowerMove and PowerMovePlus events?

I keep getting emails informing he how Ive been successful in these events and have earned credits toward my latest bill…..

LOL good luck with that (apparently)

Userlevel 2

I rue the day SSE sold out to OVO.  My accounts are all over the place and that’s with 2 legacy meters for electric.  God knows what would happen if I let them change my meter again.  They still haven’t sorted the reads from the last meter change when my old one developed a fault.  All I’ve had in the four months since I’ve been migrated are unexplained debit adjustments they blame on SSE and since then, several bills with incorrect amounts and also going back into my previous bills and altering amounts with no explanation.  

I think they need to be investigated pronto!  

Userlevel 4

Hi Maureen

Yes thats what Im getting extremely wary of in my case and in others

Eventually they will take the decision to amend the nonsense bills thay have sent out and pass a load of unverifiable adjustments that we will be unable to reconcile.

…...and yet they will have the power of disconnection and dont seem bothered by the Ombudsman at all.

SSE werent good toward the end, but they did eventually own their mistake and compensate me…..this lot dont seem to have the inclination

Userlevel 7

Hey @JessicaRose,

Really sorry to hear the Ombudsman remedy hasn’t been implemented yet.

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Userlevel 2

Hey @JessicaRose,

Really sorry to hear the Ombudsman remedy hasn’t been implemented yet.

I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out, please keep an eye on your private messages. 

Details supplied to this person as requested over DM, no response was ever heard.  The issue continues as does Ovos sincere refusal to provide any level of customer service or resolution!

Userlevel 7

Hey @JessicaRose,

I’m really sorry to hear this, I’ll ask Forum_Support to reach out today. Please keep an eye on your private messages.