Solved

Pipit 500 In Home Display (IHD) showing incorrect prices - why?

Show first post

78 replies

Hey @anthb72 and @dan_brown

I've moved your queries over to this topic as all the answers are here!

In short, if you send me a PM with your full name, DoB and account number I can take a look into this for you and get the rates corrected.

Thanks,
Emma
Hi. 25 days ago I sent a pm with all my details asking why there were differences between the tariff prices on my documentation and those on the IHD and the usage page on the website. 17 days ago I was informed by Tim, it was all being sorted and to allow 48 hours for the difference to be corrected. My Gas tariff on the IHD is now correct but the Gas tariff on the website is still incorrect. the Electricity tariff on both the IHD and website are still incorrect. If you are going to promote your services by allowing an accurate and up to date cost of energy so I can determine where I am wasting money, can you please ensure your equipment give accurate information. How many more days do I have to wait for the correct tariff to be displayed on the IHD and the website?
Hi Emma

Thanks, I raised it via email yesterday and it's all sorted now - the display is now showing the rates as per my contract.

Thanks

Anth
Hi Emma

Thanks, I raised it via email yesterday and it's all sorted now - the display is now showing the rates as per my contract.

Thanks

Anth

Glad it's all been sorted, @anthb72 😃
Userlevel 2
I have just had a similar conversation with Hello@ovo as my IHD gives estimates that are wildly off the mark compared to online portal (IHD saying next bill is £300, portal shows next bill will be a shade over £100).

Their response is that the rates are dialled in when its made and it cant be changed.... Which seems to disagree with the poster aboves post.

Hello Sam,

Thank you for your email. I can confirm that we are receiving meter readings from your smart meters every half hour, unfortunately this does not get communicated to your IHD, it is only available to view on your online account. The estimates on your IHD are based on your usage since the Smart Meter was installed and we're not able to to update them as the IHDs weren't designed with this functionality.

Kind regards,

Chris
Recently had both smart meter installed, both the gas and electricity tarrifs are incorrect.
How is my unit / meters updated.

Electricity is out by about 3p per unit and gas 1 p per unit
I have the same problem.
Smart meter shows rates
Electricity Daily 23p (wrong should be 28.77p) Rate 12p (should be 12.48p)
Gas Daily 28.77p (correct) Rate 3.3p (should be 2.785 p)
Hi. 25 days ago I sent a pm with all my details asking why there were differences between the tariff prices on my documentation and those on the IHD and the usage page on the website. 17 days ago I was informed by Tim, it was all being sorted and to allow 48 hours for the difference to be corrected. My Gas tariff on the IHD is now correct but the Gas tariff on the website is still incorrect. the Electricity tariff on both the IHD and website are still incorrect. If you are going to promote your services by allowing an accurate and up to date cost of energy so I can determine where I am wasting money, can you please ensure your equipment give accurate information. How many more days do I have to wait for the correct tariff to be displayed on the IHD and the website?

Hi @Gary04

I'm sorry this still hasn't been sorted for you. If you could drop us a message on our Facebook or Twitter page, we'd be happy to look into this further.

Cheers,
Emily
Hi. I have submitted all my details about this via a private message through this forum to Tim. Not happy to discuss this further on an open page via facebook or twitter. if you state I need to contact you via the dm on twitter or messenger on facebook, whats the difference to the private message I have already sent to you via this forum
Good morning,
I have a smart meter called secure that just keeps adding up my monthly totals, I thought I would be able to see the totals of both the gas and electricity as the month progressed, surely there must be a meter that can tell me what I am using as the month progresses?

Regards
Davy Lumsden
Hey @Kickboxingboy and @spudonhill

I've moved your queries over to an existing topic. Just take a look at Emma's 'Best Answer' above for more advice.

Cheers,
Emily
Hi. I have submitted all my details about this via a private message through this forum to Tim. Not happy to discuss this further on an open page via facebook or twitter. if you state I need to contact you via the dm on twitter or messenger on facebook, whats the difference to the private message I have already sent to you via this forum

Hey @Gary04

Tim's picking up your PM now so you'll receive it imminently!

The reason we recommend customers to contact us on Facebook or Twitter with their details is because we'll get back to them quicker. Just to reassure you, if you did PM us on Facebook or DM us on Twitter in future your details would remain private.

Thanks,
Emma
Userlevel 5
Good morning,
I have a smart meter called secure that just keeps adding up my monthly totals, I thought I would be able to see the totals of both the gas and electricity as the month progressed, surely there must be a meter that can tell me what I am using as the month progresses?

Regards
Davy Lumsden

Hey Wee Davy,

The estimated bill section on your In Home Display will keep clocking usage, but to view how much you're using each month, please go to the 'History' section on your In Home Display.

Lucy
By plan details are;
Electricity:12.20p/kWh
Standing charge:27.40p/day
Gas:2.55p/kWh

However, after switching to smart meter I appear to be getting charged the below rates;
Electricity:15.06p/kWh
Standing charge:28.77p/day
Gas:3.23p/kWh

Any help to get this rectified would be much appreciated.
By plan details are;
Electricity:12.20p/kWh
Gas:2.55p/kWh

However, after switching to smart meter I appear to be getting charged the below rates;
Electricity:15.06p/kWh
Gas:3.23p/kWh

Any help to get this rectified would be much appreciated.

Hey @Kurt

I've moved your query over to an already existing topic on this issue.

If you send us a message on Facebook or Twitter we can look into this and update the In Home Display (IHD) with the correct rates for you.

Thanks,
Emma
Hi Emma

I'm referring to the smart meters and what you're actually billing me so this may not be the best place for my post?

Regards

Kurt
Userlevel 5
Had smart meter fitted 3 months ago - took over 2 months to get readings sorted.
Is it worth it? No gas data on indoor viewer.
Useage significantly higher on indoor display than on OVO app on my phone.
Direct debits - a worrying trend. When smart meter fitted OVO suggested dd change to £25 - ignored that one. Now they suggest £130 per month!!! Estimated useage £1026 per annum

They need to get things sorted or they will lose their customers faith

Hey @Cbartleman428,

I've moved your topic over here where you'll find information about the IHD and estimated bills.

Hope this helps!
Nancy
I had gas & electricity smart meters fitted about a week ago. I have noticed that both the gas & electricity unit cost settings on my IHD are different from my 2 year fixed cost tariff rates so that the usage readings in £'s are incorrect which appears to defeat part of the objectives of the smart meters! My tariff rate for electricity is 12.44p/kwh (incl VAT) whereas my IHD is showing 13.87/kwh and for gas my tariff rate is 2.69p/kwh whereas the IHD shows 3.07p/kwh. The standing charges shown are correct. Can these rates be corrected so the IHD shows the correct usage in money terms?
Userlevel 5
I had gas & electricity smart meters fitted about a week ago. I have noticed that both the gas & electricity unit cost settings on my IHD are different from my 2 year fixed cost tariff rates so that the usage readings in £'s are incorrect which appears to defeat part of the objectives of the smart meters! My tariff rate for electricity is 12.44p/kwh (incl VAT) whereas my IHD is showing 13.87/kwh and for gas my tariff rate is 2.69p/kwh whereas the IHD shows 3.07p/kwh. The standing charges shown are correct. Can these rates be corrected so the IHD shows the correct usage in money terms?

Hey KenneyB,

I’ve moved your query onto this topic as I think it fits best on this thread!

Your unit rates on your IHD should still match the rates that you’re paying. If there is a discrepancy with this, please contact our support team on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/ovoenergy/) or Twitter (https://twitter.com/OVOEnergy) so they can correct this for you.

@picz1 - This info should be useful for you too.

Lucy
My tariff on home display unit is different to that on my online profile? Any reason for this?
Userlevel 5
My tariff on home display unit is different to that on my online profile? Any reason for this?

Hey! You should be able to find the answer to your questions on this thread. Comment any further queries below :)

Nancy
I am also experiencing issues with incorrect tariff on the IHD unit as compared to my actual tariff rates. Please advise.
Hi,
Just moved onto smart meter with Ovo. Can see the usage in KWH on the usage tab in my account but the pricing cannot be selected. What needs to happen to make the pricing from my agreed tariff come through correctly.
Thanks
Simon
Userlevel 7

I don't think another forum user will be able to help with this @picz1 @simonh. Send the OVO team a message via FacebookTwitter, or webchat via the Help Centre to get this checked!

Tim

I was contacted a few month ago to notify me that I had been charged the wrong unit price for my electricity. All sorted from an account perspective but my smart meter is still showing the old higher rate. I have asked several times when this will be updated and keep being told it will happen automatically - however 3 month on it still hasn't updated