Solved

OVO Smart Gas Meter Installation Details

• 10 May 2023
  • 4 replies

Why does OVO, where possible, not request a photograph of the existing meters in advance of the Engineer’s visit. This would surely prevent disappointment to customers being told on the day, that an  existing meter cannot be changed for whatever reason.?

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 12 May 2023, 10:26

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Tamtoot

Welcome to the Forum! Sorry to hear you’ve had some disappointment during your smart meter installation. 

Thank you for the feedback on this. We can raise this as feedback for improvement. 

Did they say what the reason was for not being able to fit the meter? Was it something they could have seen in a photograph?

Good day Abby_DVO,

My, that was quick...thank you.

The Elec + Gas smart-meters will not be fitted until 15th of June, so my question was just out of curiosity, as I thought a photograph in advance would advise any potential problem with access, meter type etc. 

I am looking after my sis-in-law on this as she unfortunately suffers with Alzheimer’s disease.

In my own case - with a different supplier - an engineer arrived and immediately stated he was not qualified to change my type of gas meter. A photo in advance would have saved the supplier his attendance fee..

If I do experience any problems I will come back to you for advice.

Kind regards,

Tamtoot

Userlevel 6

Hey @Tamtoot 

Ah right okay, it’s understandable you’d want to check and be sure ahead of time following your own experience. I believe the questions used by OVO during the booking process are to help eliminate any access problems and to ensure we get the right engineer to do the job.

It may be worth opening this as an ‘idea’ in our ideas page to see if we have other users or community members who might agree that this would be good to be part of the booking process. 

Good day Abby,

Had both Elec & Gas meter swapped out for Smart meters on Thursday. Both displaying well.

Excellent service, very professional & caring engineer. 10/10 OVO.