Solved

My bills have increased this month, am I being billed correctly?

• 25 January 2024
  • 28 replies

Show first post

28 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

thank you for explaining all of that...i am grateful believe me.

part of me still feels that they have overcharged me and i could be paying near £300 when the final bill comes in 11 days time. my previous bills were the following:

10 dec - 9th jan - £164

10 nov - 9 dec - £220

10 oct - 9 nov - £190

10 sept - 9 oct - £167

1 july - 9 aug - £151

i cant recall as to why oct - dec was around £200 which dissapoints me not gonna lie but on average bills are usually around £160 as you can see….even prior to july it was like this or cheaper. something within me is telling me ovo have overcharged me for sure….but it seems like i cant do anything further.

OK. That is useful.

So one problem is you underpaid 10 dec - 9th jan - £164

You underpaid as there were missing smart meter readings so the system had to guess.

You can clearly see you underpaid as you would have used much more gas in the depths of winter than July when you used £151

So yes your next bill will be higher as you underpaid last month.

OK?

OK. That is useful.

So one problem is you underpaid 10 dec - 9th jan - £164

You underpaid as there were missing smart meter readings so the system had to guess.

You can clearly see you underpaid as you would have used much more gas in the depths of winter than July when you used £151

So yes your next bill will be higher as you underpaid last month.

OK?

hmmm oh well...i appreciate your explanation and taking out your time, im truly grateful

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

hmmm oh well...i appreciate your explanation and taking out your time, im truly grateful

Given the issues with missing smart meter data, I suggest you run this. It should help ovo diagnose if anything is wrong with your meter and if there is anything they can do. It isn't easy for you with so much missing smart meter data.

https://smart-meter-help.ovoenergy.com/