Tutorial

Connectivity issue with my Chameleon In Home Display (IHD) and how I fixed it!

• 24 January 2019
  • 33 replies
Connectivity issue with my Chameleon In Home Display (IHD) and how I fixed it!

Show first post

33 replies

HI all

was hoping to get some help with the IHD3 had it a couple of months and have switched since and its been fine for a couple of weeks and notiest that its now not showing the electric  anymore and the symbles doesnt bring anything up

i have tried to reset it and not worked any ideas anyone?

Userlevel 7

@tony1tf @DanShelton83 @tonyw707 - any advice for @mikey086 on this IHD check?

Let’s see what our IHD users come back with, Mikey. 

If you need Support team help,  we’re on FacebookTwitter and our Help Centre has online chat!

Userlevel 1

I had SMETS 2 smart meters fitted by OVO over 2.5 years ago. Initially there were some problems maintaining connection to OVO network which was something to do with how the meters communicate with the network here in Scotland  but these issues were sorted out over 2 years ago and everything was working fine with the meters and my Chameleon IHD until  late November 2023 when for three days my gas meter seemed to lose communication with OVO and my IHD had no gas meter usage then ( during this period no meter reading appeared for gas on the OVO app). After 3 days the  gas meter readings started again coming through on the App. However over a week later gas meter usage still had not  reappeared on the IHD despite me rebooting it. I spoke to OVO Customer service on 7/12/23 and they attempted to sort the issue from their end but all that caused was the IHD to become totally disconnected ( no gas and electric data appearing on the unit)and despite further calls to OVO they were not able to get it reconnected and the Smart Meter Team eventually phoned me to tell me they would send a new IHD which I received on 21/12.  The new unit is a GEO II and I plugged it in as instructed on the accompanying letter and starting receiving the gas meter usage within a few hours. However since then I have received nothing for the Electricity usage. All the IHD shows for that is Awaiting Data see System Status. When I look at that it says Electricity Meter Service Issue, connected to Meter Network but not receiving all electricity meter data and 28-1 is at the end of that message. I should add there is no WIFI signal appearing on screen just a red triangle where that should be. I have  spoken to OVO twice in past 10 days and they tried to pair the IHD  to electric meter again and advised me to reboot the IHD again which I did and to wait 7 days and if still no electricity data by end of that period advised me to contact them again which I did on Wednesday and have now been advised they are setting me out yet another IHD. I am not entirely convinced a new unit will sort situation. I should add that the WAN and LAN lights on the electricity meter are flashing as normal  I would be grateful for any advise on this matter.

Thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

28-1 means the Geo IHD isn’t authorised in the electric meter. Pairing needs to be performed again.

If that fails, everything needs to be power cycled by an engineer.

Userlevel 1

Thanks for your speedy reply. Ovo told me they tried to pair it again last week but that doesn’t seem to have helped. Think I will wait until the new IHD they said they were sending arrives and if same problem occurs ask for an engineer visit

Userlevel 7

Keep us posted @Eilidhmack 

Userlevel 1

I contacted OVO again today as I still have not received my new IHD although they told me on 10th January one would be sent out. I was told today that there were low stock levels of IHDs at the beginning of the month but things are better now, so a new request has been processed to send me a new IHD which should be with me within 72 hours. I live in hope that it arrives and works properly this time.

Userlevel 1

Well still no new IHD. I eventually contacted OVO again and was told the IHDs they had in stock were not suitable for my SMETS  2 electric meter that's why I had not received another one.  Then Smart Meter  Team attempted to get my current IHD to work properly but without success. Now I have been told I will get new IHD within 2 weeks. However I am now not confident this will actually happen. Situation is becoming farcical