Solved

Why my Mitsubishi Ecodan not heating up the tank?

• 29 January 2023
  • 8 replies

• Carbon Cutter*
  • 3 replies

I have no hot water.  DHW is switched to pause automatically and tank water temperature stays at 14 degrees celcius.  Heating is running fine.  I tried to maual reset but didn’t help.  DHW is also paused automatically and everytime it pauses, “LJ” is flashing at the top left of the control screen.  I have no idea what “LJ” stands for, couldn’t find a clue from the Mitsubishi error code.  Please help.  Thanks

icon

Best answer by M.isterW 30 January 2023, 11:57

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Can you post a picture of the screen with the error code ?

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

I’ve just found someone else referring to error code LJ  on moneysavingexpert… their answer was this: We have hot water. Plumber arrived this morning to discover a switch on the pump was not fully on. All sorted now and all fully operational.

I have a Daikin so I’m afraid that doesn’t mean much to me!! Does it help you ?

Are you able to switch on the immersion heater ?

Is the big 14 on your screen your Target Temperature for the hot water ? The little 14 is the Actual Temperature. Can you increase the Target temperature?

Thanks, I'll check the switches.  Immersion heater is also not working. The big 14 is temperature we set for the heating. The small 14 is the water tank temperature.  Hot water temperature is already set to 50.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

There are a few Ecodan owners here: @M.isterW @OrphM62 @Nicllb ??

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

LJ - DHW operation error. Either DHW tank water temp thermistor (THW5) has become detached from its holder. Or flow rate of sanitary circuit may be reduced.

1 - Check the thermistor 

2 - Check the water circulation pump is working properly.

Will check. Thanks so much 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

@juliamc , sorry can’t help as currently we don’t have a tank. Our Sunamp batteries are being swapped out in March. Hoping you got it sorted, as hoping swapping to a hot water tank will solve our heating problems!