Pinned Solved

Ford EV charging no longer working with Charge Anytime - what's happened?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have a Ford Mach-E and have been using OVO charge anytime for about 4 months now.
But Ford have decided OVO is a security risk and has blocked the account.

Is anyone else using this successfully? Is there any plans for charge anytime to support Ford cars?

icon

Best answer by ChristopherS_OVO 9 April 2024, 15:31

View original

87 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @kevgallacher , what set up are you using .. which charger?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I am plugging in using a granny charger overnight.  I have been using it every weekend since November. The app registers all the charging and refunds my account every month all as expected with no issues until last night. 

Ford is telling me to delete the charge anytime app as they don’t have authorisation to charge my car.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I am plugging in using a granny charger overnight.  I have been using it every weekend since November. The app registers all the charging and refunds my account every month all as expected with no issues until last night. 

You are probably aware that this charging method is not recommended but I guess if it’s been working then you might say ‘why not’.

Ford is telling me to delete the charge anytime app as they don’t have authorisation to charge my car.

Strange - do they also tell you not to use any of the services on the road ?

I would suggest that you email the team chargeanytime@ovo.com 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Unfortunately due to the way my car is situated at my house I can’t get a dedicated charger at home, so I have been using the granny charger at night and so far was working great. I only need to charge 2 nights a week regularly and works absolutely fine for me.

This has changed all that and is forcing me to charge at full rate at home

Same happened to me yesterday. Emailed OVO Smart charging team awaiting a reply. Octopus customers hit issues with Ford too but they have a solution now. Seems Ovo and their partners need to talk to Ford again. 

Badge

I'm also in the same situation. I don't have an ev charger. Can I get around this if I do have one?

Userlevel 1
Badge

I have created a new Ford pass account and added it as an authorised user then linked OVO charge anytime to that. If that gets blocked it doesn’t matter. Hopefully that works as a workaround till it gets sorted out.

Badge

I have created a new Ford pass account and added it as an authorised user then linked OVO charge anytime to that. If that gets blocked it doesn’t matter. Hopefully that works as a workaround till it gets sorted out.

Sorry, I didn't understand the adding it as an authorised user…

At the moment, I'm watching the circle spinning around whilst trying to log in. Shocking app.

Userlevel 1
Badge

You can add other users as authorised users. My wife is on there, they get all the features of the Ford pass but have their own login

Userlevel 7

Hey @kevgallacher,

Sorry to hear you’re having issues, and it seems that a few of you are affected. 

I’ll ask the team and report back to you. 

Spoke to Ovo on Wednesday and they were as surprised as we are that Ford have revoked access to OVO Charge Anytime app and locked us out of the Ford Pass accounts. Ovo said management were working on it but suspect it’s early days as lots of discussions to be had with Ford, Ovo and OVo’s technical partners. No global email sent out from Ovo yet to acknowledge the issue and that they are working on a solution. Suspect there will be no financial compensation for us whilst we pay full charge and miss out on the 7p per kWh. 

Userlevel 7

Spoke to Ovo on Wednesday and they were as surprised as we are that Ford have revoked access to OVO Charge Anytime app and locked us out of the Ford Pass accounts. Ovo said management were working on it but suspect it’s early days as lots of discussions to be had with Ford, Ovo and OVo’s technical partners. No global email sent out from Ovo yet to acknowledge the issue and that they are working on a solution. Suspect there will be no financial compensation for us whilst we pay full charge and miss out on the 7p per kWh. 

Yes, to follow on from this I just wanted to update you all that the team are aware and are currently working on replying to all customers with the Ford issue, they’ll have an update shortly.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thank you for the update Emmanuelle - I hope OVO resolve this quickly as we are not able to achieve the energy savings provided by Charge Anytime - I’ll keep records of my charge periods anyway .

Badge

Have exactly the same problem with charging my Mache. As my Ford pass account was suspended yesterday, now enabled I suspected that the charge anytime app would no longer work and this evening I can confirm it does not work… so now a 7p/kwh charge becomes 27p !!!!

please fix this asap…

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

@Natters it is being investigated at very high priority, please wait for further updates.

That is all we can say at this time. Further updates will be posted on the Forum when they are available.

Badge

Then perhaps you need to resort to a backup plan e.g accept proof of charging overnight as a way for existing customers to claim a refund of charge costs. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

If you had looked around first, you’d have noticed that this is a community forum which is volunteer led. 99% of those who post here - myself included - do not work for OVO.

If you want to talk to OVO about this: chargeanytime@ovo.com .

Userlevel 2
Badge

Any update on this 

about to look to move to supplier. 
thanks. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

As mentioned - please wait for an update. If you keep asking, it won’t speed up that update. You gotta wait while OVO’s team look into it!

I suspect OVO isn’t at fault here - other stuff got nuked out of Ford Pass too.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This is a temporary Best Answer from a Forum Volunteer. This answer represents the best advice that any Forum Volunteer can currently offer. While it is not the official response from OVO, it is as close as we can possibly get it to be. It has been tagged as the Solution for maximum visibility for now.

OVO’s Charge Anytime Team is aware of an issue with the Ford Pass integration being offline and affecting both Ford and Jaguar EV’s attempting to use Charge Anytime services.

Please await further updates which will be made available ASAP. The Forum Moderators will update and/or replace this Best Answer when new information becomes available.

In the meantime, we - as the Forum Volunteers - ask for your patience at this time.

Thank you for your understanding.

Userlevel 7

We’re aware that some Ford drivers are having issues with Charge Anytime

Unfortunately, Ford have blocked smart-charging access to all third parties. This means some of our customers aren’t able to smart-charge with Charge Anytime at the moment. It also means those customers won’t get Charge Anytime credit for charging during this time. We’re sorry about this.

We’re working hard to fix this issue with Ford, and get our affected customers back on Charge Anytime as soon as we can. For now, if you’re having issues with Charge Anytime, follow the instructions in your Ford app to charge your EV.

We’ll post an update here as soon as we have any more information from Ford.

Thanks
The OVO Team

Userlevel 1
Badge

Looks like OVO charge anytime no longer allows you to add the Ford Mustang Mach-E to the app. So if you do get blocked and manage to get unblocked you are still unable to use Charge Anytime at all. This dispute between Ford and OVO is basically costing me circa £50-60 a month. If this isn’t fixed soon then I will need to switch to Octopus or sell the car neither of which I particularly want to do.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s NOT just OVO that got blocked. EVERYONE did - even Octopus.

Blame Ford, not OVO!

Userlevel 2
Badge

And octopus have resolved the issue. 
and whilst I agree it’s predominantly a Ford issue, 
As per Kevin’s post above this is costing me c£80-100 per month. 
again looking to change if not resolved quickly or at least given an idea of how long a fix will take. 
whilst it’s nice to have an update from ovo some further detail is needed. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

We have seen reports on the Forum that the issue is resolved for OVO Charge Anytime as well.

Please try connecting again and see if it works for you. But you’ll need to start setup again - the old connection was disabled.