Solved

Charge Anytime direct to vehicle not compatible with Polestar electric vehicles?

• 9 March 2023
  • 7 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I am an OVO customer and got very excited when Charge Anytime was launched.

However, I’ve just discovered my Polestar 2 isn’t compatible. Quite staggering.

How is this possible when the Volvo XC40 and XC60 are?

Am I missing something?

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 10 March 2023, 12:14

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Updated on 01/11/23 by Tim_OVO:

There are now two ways you can get Charge Anytime:

You must have an eligible EV or Smart Charger, we’re constantly looking into ways to broaden eligibility of this product so if your technology isn’t currently on this list keep an eye on our page for updates!  

Hi @Muddboy27, and thanks for this post. 

You’re not alone in wanting Charge Anytime but finding out about current compatibility. 

All compatible makes and models, as well as compatible smart chargers for Charge Anytime are specified here. We’re looking at unlocking more as fast as possible, working with those companies and their own capabilities. 

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, I fall into the same category in that Charge Anytime does not recognise Land Rover although it is compatible with Jaguars , my JLR dealer tells me that all JLR hybrid models have the same specifications so like Muddboy I am surprised and disappointed that my LR Discovery is not on the list. 
Interesting that when I download the list of chargers compatible it only lists two, when I received my original email from OVO announcing Charge Anytime it included a drop down list of compatible devices which mine (Wallbox pulsar plus) was on, it now appears to be off or are there two lists.

Badge

Yep, it’s pretty strange and not very helpful.

From what I can gather, the OVO Charge Anytime bolt-on requires you to have an EV that allows you to schedule a charging time, a car that can connect to a WIFI network, and a Smart meter.

I have all three, so why can’t my Polestar 2 access the tariff?

Nobody knows how long it will take for other EVs to be ‘added’ to the OVO list, so in the meantime I have to continue using my home charger at 33p per Kwh. Not cheap.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, very frustrating, I actually charge my EV at local CPS site which only charges 25pkw, waiting till end of month to get all the government subsidies things and new prices for next quarter sorted then I’m off to Octopus who will accept my car and charger, suggest you have a look at their site, EDF also worth checking out.

Badge

Good advice.

Although I’ve looked at Octopus and while their night-time rate is cheap, their standard daytime rate is 12p per kwh more than my flat rate with OVO.

Swings are roundabouts.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi, think you should check again, I am actually being quoted a lower standard tariff than OVO with an EV rate of 14ppkw

it would still be good to get the OVO EV tariff of 10ppkw, waiting till 1st April before I move, maybe I’ll hear from OVO before then.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Muddboy27 - I share your Polestar pain…

I contacted Polestar to ask whether the ability to open up to D2V was an option (as Volvo does it & they're part of the same group), and to quote Polestar….

“Thank you for contacting Polestar.

Polestar are aware of this programme and others that are available with alternative energy companies. Unfortunately we are not currently aware of any plans to join one of these schemes. However that is not to say this won't change in the future.

Sorry I could not be of more help on this matter.”

So, not looking great at present.

I wonder if Polestar are in the hands of Google & have to wait for Google to pull their finger out as we're running Android Automotive OS on our cars.