Solved

Waiting for a new top up card - Emergency credit's almost run out!

• 6 February 2023
  • 7 replies

• New Member*
  • 1 reply

I had a new meter fitted on 2/2/23 and £20 emergency put on it, which has nearly run out, I’m waiting on a new top up card, which hasn’t arrived yet. I also have £20 on my old card that I haven’t been able to use and need refunded.

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 7 February 2023, 12:16

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @JLB ,

Please contact Support about this. I’m afraid we can’t access the account from here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

No one here has access to your account @JLB. Have you been swapped supplier or just needing your new meter to be sorted ?

I thought I was messaging customer services, rather than calling which takes forever!😩didn’t realise it was just regular customers on here 😬

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

There is a webchat facility (or there are social channels to DM as well)

https://help.ovoenergy.com/#contact_us_container

Userlevel 7

Hey @JLB,

Sorry to hear this,

If you’re OVO PAYG, the team is available on webchat Monday-Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 9am-2pm. You can call on 0330 175 9669 Monday-Friday 8am-8pm, Saturday and Sunday 9am-5pm on 0330 175 9669. 

If you’re with Boost Energy you can call Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm or Saturday, 9am to 2pm on 0330 102 7517. They also have a web chat option. 

Hope this helps.

I AM WAITING NEARLY 6 MONTHS FOR A TOP-UP SWIPE CARD, A BARCODE 

ANYTHING SO I CAN TOP UP 

I AM BEING TOLD, AFTER 2 HRS WAITING ON HOLD WE NO LONGER ISSUE PLASTIC SWIPE CARDS(pure k*k)

THEN SEND ME A BARCODE  TWINNED TO MY SMART(elec)METER.

MY ACCOUNT IS IN YOUR SYSTEM

DETAILS: *edited by mod*

I expect this to be a waste of time, fobbed off, spoken to like I am a taste, will you prove me wrong?very much doubt it

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Prod ,

I’ve had to ask a moderator to edit your post. I can’t use your personal information and as this forum is public, you’ve leaked it to the entire world. A moderator will remove it shortly to protect your privacy.

That barcode you received is the same as a plastic card. Take it to any PayPoint shop and they’ll scan it, just like a swipecard and you can then top-up. If you don’t have one, the Support Team can send it again in digital format.