Solved

TOP UP METER ISSUES

Hi,

Migrated SSE customer here. 

I’ve set up the account by inputting my account number and confirming my email. Account set up was okay. 

Now when I try to top up the electricity via the website, it shows me nothing but the TopUp application download details. Okay…. so I downloaded the app, went to sign in using the newly set password, Error logging in, incorrect email or password ???!!!!!

Has anyone had this issue? If so, how did you resolve it?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 14 May 2023, 20:25

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Your login details aren’t shared between the Top-Up Portal and MyOVO. You need to register separately for the Top-Up Portal itself - those details will work on the top-up app.

Thanks that makes a lot of sense. I wasn’t given a top up card, we would strictly top up online whilst with sse. Therefore when ‘creating account’ on top up app, I don’t actually have details to input in that section. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

You might need to get Support to generate the PAN Numbers for the app. They can provide those on request.

I’m tempted to suggest a self-service option for that though...

How do I migrate from SSE to OVO. I need to buy electric as its run out. What do I do?

I haven't received any information from OVO and  don't have an OVO payment card etc. This is all new to me.  

TIA. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Val19 ,

You are no longer an SSE customer as you’ll have already been migrated automatically.

Just use the existing top-up cards and the credit you buy should just go through. However, I’d recommend contacting OVO in the morning to get new cards for the long run.

https://ovoenergy.com/help has all your options.

Thankyou so much for your help. It's really appreciated. Happy New Year!!  😀 

The question there is why do you want to stay with ovo?

Not a very good choice

Ovo refusing to let customers have their meters readings!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

The question there is why do you want to stay with ovo?

Not a very good choice

Ovo refusing to let customers have their meters readings!

Did you get sorted @PatriciaMarchand