My topup barcode keeps getting declined at paypont 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 13 July 2023, 14:27

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Linda Jones ,

You’ll probably need to chat with PAYG Support for this one. Try Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com . They’ll get this fixed.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 29/08/23 by Abby_OVO 

Hey @Linda Jones,

Sorry for the issues you’re having, 

You may need our Support Team to generate a new top up number for you (PAN number).

Hi @Linda Jones ,

You’ll probably need to chat with PAYG Support for this one. Try Live Chat via https://help.ovoenergy.com . They’ll get this fixed.

Are you able to use the App to top up? 

How can I top up my Pay As You Go meter?

You can add credit to your meter in 3 simple ways. Top up anything between £1 and £200 at a time.

Helpful to know: you’ll need to add credit to your electricity and gas meters separately (if you have both).

1. OVO Energy Top-up app
    Download the OVO Energy Top-up app from the Apple App Store or Google Play to add credit anytime, anywhere. You’ll need to use your top-up card numbers – this is the 20-digit number on your gas or electricity Pay As You Go top-up card that we sent you. The app also lets you track all your top-ups and save bank cards to make the process easier

2. PayPoint shop
    You can top up at any PayPoint shop. Just show them your top-up card numbers or the barcodes in your OVO Energy Top-up app

3. Find your nearest PayPoint shop
    Visit paypoint.co.uk and pop in your postcode

4. Top up online
    Make payments online here

If you’re with Boost Energy:

Call:

Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm or Saturday, 9am to 2pm.
0330 102 7517

Or contact through webchat Monday to Friday, 8am to 6pm or Saturday, 9am to 2pm.

Hope this helps. 

Hi, I have the app and I’m trying to top up but paying by card and bank transfer are declined. It worked a few weeks ago and I have adequate funds in my bank account. Any suggestions? I was on hold for 45 minutes last time I had to call for help. TIA

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

This is best handled via Live Chat through https://ovoenergy.com/help in the morning.

Userlevel 6

Hey @Danielle.Louise 

Sorry to hear about the issues you were having topping up. Have you been able to sort this now?

Hi Abby, I’ve just tried again now and it hasn’t worked

Userlevel 6

Hi @Danielle.Louise 

Sorry to hear that, are you still having trouble with it?

I’d recommend contacting the Support Team if it’s still causing you issues and they can help you with the payment.

I’ve had heaps of trouble topping up online, less so with a different card and sometimes topping up small amounts was easier. 

There was a banking regulation change requiring 3D secure which seemed to hinder the top-ups going through. 

Hi @Fuzzycat I tried your suggestion of a smaller amount to no avail. I’ve had nothing but problems trying to top up and I’m panicking that I will run out of credit

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Remember that you can do top-ups in shops as well - just use the barcode in the app.

Thanks @Blastoise186 I have never been issued with a card and didn’t know I could do that. The sooner I get off this prepay meter the better! 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Danielle.Louise,

Really sorry for the issues you’re having,

I wonder if you need your PAN (top up) number replacing. The best thing to do in this situation is contact the support team.

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost

Keep us posted with how you get on. 

My account hasn’t been credited, topped up an hour ago. Looked online and video

tutorial told me what to do...sadly there IS no VEND option on meter. Where to now?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @nickhaines ,

Please show us photos of your meter. We’ll grab the guide you need once we’ve seen them.

Thanks...need to borrow neighbour’s phone...and neighbour! lol.

Back to you when that happens, thanks for reply. 

PROBLEM SORTED. Thanks all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

No worries! If you need a hand again, feel free to stop by. :)