Solved

I topped up, then the credit disappeared after I set up my own account - what should I do?

• 7 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Last week on 31/10/2023 I top up gas with £20 and I used the heating only 3 hours in rest for  one week I didn’t use the boiler or something else. Yesterday I called OVO to changed the name of account, with my name and when I verify the gas and electric meter the money disappear. How comes this from 31 Oct till 07 Nov £20 disappear ?

Thank  you.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 8 November 2023, 12:59

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Strictly speaking, you’re not entitled to use the credit from someone else’s account - you’re supposed to sign up for your own account immediately upon moving in.

You’ll need to discuss this with OVO directly.

I used my own account today, because yesterday they changed name of account when I spoke with OVO by phone. My question is where disappear the money, because yesterday was still £18 in gas meter and £10 for electricity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I don’t have access to accounts myself. You need to ask OVO about that.

Userlevel 7

Hi @Ludmila and thanks for posting this. 

Blastoise’s advice is right about OVO’s Support team being best placed to advise on specifics around that top up. 

Just in case, we’ve made a great guide on Smart Pay As You Go which has information on credit balance drops:

and for those without a smart meter: