Solved

How do I add emergency credit?

• 4 March 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I currently have only £4 left of emergency electric credit from £20. Do I have to top up to get out of emergency credit? I only have £15 which only takes it to £19., any advice welcome 

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 4 March 2024, 18:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Cosmic8ee ,

To get out of Emergency Credit, you need to add top-ups that get you back up to at least £1 of regular credit after paying back EC. Once you do, EC will disable automatically and you’ll be put back to normal credit.

If you are struggling, please let Support know ASAP - they can help!

Userlevel 6

Hi @Cosmic8ee 

Blastoise186 has left some really helpful advice here already but I just wanted to stop by and add a few extra helpful things.

The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday. Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost

Find answers or chat with Boost at boostpower.co.uk/help. Or call them on 0330 102 7517.

If there’s an emergency with your meter

You can chat with us here. Just click the green chat icon at the bottom right of your screen. Or call the OVO PAYG Team on 0330 175 9669 – we can help.

If you’re not sure Pay As You Go is right for you, and are interested in switching to pay monthly you can contact the Pay As You Go Support Team

If you or anyone in your household is vulnerable, or just needs a little extra assistance at a difficult time in your lives, our Priority Services Register is a free support service you might find useful.

We also have a really helpful webpage with more options on what we can do to help during times like these, that’s definitely worth checking out too, check that out here.