Solved

Correcting pay as you go meter readings

• Carbon Cutter***
  • 7 replies

Is there anyone who has managed to get ovo to correct meter readings.

Thought this was sorted in January when a refund cheque was sent to me.

Then march a new bill.

Left ovo in Oct 2023.

Or do I just let them try and take me to court.

Don't answer complaints.

Never giveĀ  complaint number.

At a loss of where to go next.

Ā 

icon

Best answer by ChristopherS_OVO 29 March 2024, 12:33

View original

14 replies

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mhm,Ā 

You can contact our support team if you feel that the readings are incorrect. They may ask for evidence before making any changes to make sure that any changes are accurate.Ā 

Hereā€™s a handy article that gives more information about meter reading issuesĀ https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/article/meter-reading-problems

My recommendation would be to not let this escalate to following the debt recovery path as itā€™s much harder to reverse. Itā€™s like any problem in life the longer you typically leave it the harder it can be to resolve if it grows.Ā 

If you reach out to our support team they will look into resolving this for you. If you donā€™t make any progress after speaking with them let us know and I can dig into this further for you.Ā 

Ā 

This, I thought, was all sorted in January.

When your team sent me the refund due.

Now in march you have changed all the readings again and decided you think I owe you Ā£75.

So nowĀ a bill for Ā£175 for an empty house, with no cards and no usage for 30 days.

Then 5 days with no gas usage due to boiler faulty and virtually no electric as no heating or cooking used.

I have sent another complaint still with no reply whatsoever.

Multiple phone calls don't make any difference.Ā 

So maybe just wait the 8 weeks and contact the ombudsman, though that's probably why you won't give give a complaint number..Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 6

Hi @MhmĀ 

Ā 

Sorry to hear about the issues youā€™ve been having.

Ā 

One of our other Forum Moderators has left some really good advice on this.

Ā 

Debt can build up on a pay as you go meter for a couple of reasons, including if a property is empty and there havenā€™t been any top ups to cover things like standing charges or small amounts of usage. Those charges build up if there are no top ups to cover them, you can read more on this here:

Ā 

Ā 

I have sent another complaint still with no reply whatsoever.

Multiple phone calls don't make any difference.Ā 

So maybe just wait the 8 weeks and contact the ombudsman, though that's probably why you won't give give a complaint number..Ā 

Ā 

If you donā€™t already have a complaint open with the team, you can raise one here.

I understand bills Mount up.

But having sent you photos of the meters, taken by my letting agents, dated, showing that the readings were higher than what you claim Ā they were 3 week afterĀ later.

This is an error on your part.

You seem incapable of understanding this or correctĀ your readings.

I suggest you bill your previous client properly.

Not me.

I thought this was sorted in January when you refunded me.

Why you have reverted to the previous incorrect statement and added the refund.

Also your complaints department are not responding at all.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 6

Hi @MhmĀ 

Ā 

Iā€™m really sorry but we donā€™t have access to accounts here at the Forum and as such, we canā€™t access things like the readings youā€™ve sent in etc.

Ā 

Youā€™ll need to speak with the Support Team about this so they can look into the matter again if the issue has reappeared.

Ā 

How to get in touch about my OVO Pay As You Go account

Ā 

The best way to get in touch with us is via chatĀ here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. Weā€™re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday. Or call us onĀ 0330 175 9669Ā during the same times.

Ā 

If youā€™re with Boost

Find answers or chat with Boost atĀ boostpower.co.uk/help. Or call them onĀ 0330 102 7517.

Ā 

Ā 

Well that was a totally pointless and time-wasting excessive.

Another hour or so of my life wasted.Ā 

Also I wonder why ovo "chats" don't let you save the chat.

Vitlrtually all othersĀ do.

It says ovo keeps them, but they do not look at them when you start a new chat, as they closed previous ones.

So repeat everything again.

Then they don't answer you questions.

How did you get your readings, how are the lower in october than they were in September.Ā 

The back office looked at the bill yesterday and said its correct. Yeah, no.

Ā 

So up the chain.

Then they lie to you.

Our meter reader got the readings.

No they did not. There was no access to the property.

The readings you sent were used for the bill.

No they are notĀ anywhere on the bill.

Ā 

Is there any one in this organisation that actually knows what theyĀ areĀ doing.

P.s. I had to screen shot the whole conversation as evidence.

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Userlevel 6

HiĀ @MhmĀ 

Ā 

Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re still having trouble here.

Ā 

Iā€™m going to have ourĀ Forum_Support reach out to you to help with this matter. Look out for a private message here soon:Ā https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview.

HiĀ @Mhm,Ā 

You can contact our support team if you feel that the readings are incorrect. They may ask for evidence before making any changes to make sure that any changes are accurate.Ā 

Hereā€™s a handy article that gives more information about meter reading issuesĀ https://www.ovoenergy.com/help/article/meter-reading-problems

My recommendation would be to not let this escalate to following the debt recovery path as itā€™s much harder to reverse. Itā€™s like any problem in life the longer you typically leave it the harder it can be to resolve if it grows.Ā 

If you reach out to our support team they will look into resolving this for you. If you donā€™t make any progress after speaking with them let us know and I can dig into this further for you.Ā 

Ā 

This is a joke, no.

This is still not solved.

Ā 

Userlevel 4

ā€‹ā€‹Hi @Mhm,

Iā€™m sorry to hear that this is still an ongoing issue for you.Ā 

I willĀ ask our Forum_Support team to contact you directly so we can try and help you as much as we can.Ā 

Keep an eye on your private messages!

7 days on.

Guess what.

Still no correct bill.

Despite another case being opened.

Ā 

Userlevel 4

Hi @Mhm,

Ā 

This was escalated to our Forum_Support team so they can investigate this for you. If you send a message, they can check for an update for you.

Thanks will do.

Oh come on

Now you send a completely fictitious final bill to the new occupiers of the address.
This us a joke no?
The new occupiers ere Jeter and have never been a client of ovo.

Ā 

Userlevel 2

Hi @Mhm,

Ā 

Iā€™m really sorry to hear this.Ā 

Ā 

Would the new occupiers of the property be able toĀ contact SupportĀ so they can look into this for them? Is the bill addressed to the ā€œUnknown Occupiersā€?

Ā 

Ā