Solved

Aclara Smart Meter Rejected Old Token 'Press A to Continue'

• 23 October 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi all

I am having a nightmare.

Just had a 'smart metet' installed to make things easier topping up etc but each time I try and top up l get the full messages  Rejected Old Token Press A to continue.  Any ideas why this has happening as l then have to phone OVO and get them to add.  Due to my circumstances l can only top up small amounts and can't then spend hours on the phone trying to get through.  Really regretting this now.

Would really appreciate any help or advice.

Many thanks for your time.

Regards 

icon

Best answer by Emmanuelle_OVO 24 October 2023, 12:11

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

It’s faster if you use Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help .

Also, if you’re able to, try using https://ovoenergypayments.paypoint.com to top-up at least once - that might work more reliably than your current method.

Thanks for the reply. 

I spoke to OVO and implied l just have to wait for it to sort its self out.  (manager advised that) so until then l am lost and have no idea what that means or how long l have to wait???

I tried the link above and made a payment which went through but still no credit on meter.... then spent a hour entering the 20 digits manually numerous time and still keep getting the same message. 

Totally frustrated at the end of a long day.

Any advise gratefully received...thank you for your time. 

Regards 

Tiggy

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I don’t have any further advice right now. It sounds like OVO is already investigating

Thanks…

Problem is OVO just said hopefully problem will correct itself and just wait.  So l am trying to top up daily with small amounts but nothing is being added to my meter ..... can't go on much longer and will soon run out of credit and loose all my freezer food again.

Totally lost and abandoned by OVO

Tiggy 

Userlevel 7

Hey @Tiggy777,

Sorry to hear of the issues you’re having,

This tutorial should be helpful to you:

How can I top up my Pay As You Go meter?

You can add credit to your meter in 3 simple ways. Top up anything between £1 and £200 at a time.

Helpful to know: you’ll need to add credit to your electricity and gas meters separately (if you have both).

1. OVO Energy Top-up app
    Download the OVO Energy Top-up app from the Apple App Store or Google Play to add credit anytime, anywhere. You’ll need to use your top-up card numbers – this is the 20-digit number on your gas or electricity Pay As You Go top-up card that we sent you. The app also lets you track all your top-ups and save bank cards to make the process easier

2. PayPoint shop
    You can top up at any PayPoint shop. Just show them your top-up card numbers or the barcodes in your OVO Energy Top-up app

3. Find your nearest PayPoint shop
    Visit paypoint.co.uk and pop in your postcode

4. Top up online
    Make payments online here

When you buy credit, it’ll usually reach your meter within 40 minutes. If the signal in your home is ever too low to pick up your credit, you can add it yourself. You’ll need to use the 20 digit “VEND” code on your payment receipts.

For second generation smart meters (usually either an Aclara electricity meter with 2 buttons, or a Flonidan gas meter with 3 buttons)

There are 2 ways to top up manually:

1. The easiest and fastest way is to use your In-Home Display (IHD):

• Tap the menu icon at the bottom right of the screen

• Press Top-Up

• Choose the fuel you want to top up

• Press OK

• Enter your PayPoint code

• Tap OK

The IHD will then confirm that your money has been added to your meter.

1. Use your Aclara electricity and Flonidan gas meter.

For electricity, use your Aclara meter: 

• Press A on your meter until you see Enter Top Up Code

• Press and hold A to begin typing

• Enter your code using the A and B buttons to navigate through the digits

• Press and hold B when complete

If successful, the top-up amount will appear on the screen.

For gas, use your Flonidan meter:

• Press C on your gas meter to enter the menu

• Using A and B, scroll to Prepayment and press C

• Tap A and B until you see New Payment

• Press C to select it

• Use A and B to enter your code

• Tap C again

If you went off supply, and weren’t able to top up due to a fault, our support team would book you an emergency appointment. 

How to get in contact about my OVO Pay As You Go account

• The best way to get in touch with us is via chat here. Just click the green chat icon on the bottom right of your screen. We’re here to help anytime from 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday and 8am to 2pm on Saturday.
  • Or call us on 0330 175 9669 during the same times.

If you’re with Boost