Solved

Why don't OVO let you submit your solar generation meter readings online or via the app?

• 4 February 2021
  • 17 replies

I feel that OVO energy should allow people who own solar panels to submit meter readings via the app .  I find this to be a big inconvenience whilst living in the 21st century,  its all about user friendly. 

You can provide solar panel customers with an account based on FIT ID’s. This way it can be submitted and save time, it can also then be automated and processed based on last readings just like your standard gas and electricity.

In result this is all tracked within the app, I personally then don't need to keep checking my emails or remind myself, as the last email in December I didn't receive from ovo.  OVO energy app will then notify me when to submit the readings.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 2 September 2022, 10:49

View original

17 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hiya @Dvmoreland ,

Sounds like a good feature suggestion there! I’ll go ahead and ask @Tim_OVO to forward this onto the developers to get their thoughts on it. We’ll try to give you some kind of update within the next few days, but can’t promise whether this will become an actual feature, or when it might happen.

If you’ve got any other ideas, definitely feel free to share those too!

Userlevel 7

HI @Dvmoreland and thanks for posting this here. 

Can I check if you’re referring to the option of submitting readings from your solar panel generation meter? 

You should have the option to submit electricity meter readings via your online account, unless you have a smart meter that’s sending them to us remotely. 

Looking forward to hearing more detail on this one, 
Tim

Hi Tim,

Correct about solar meter generation. readings.

Solar panel electricity meter readings? I do not have a account as this is not something ovo have provided me with. Apparently you can only send it via email when requested on specific months this is what I was told by your team. This seems to be such an inconvenience. 

Unless you are willing to come and install a solar panel smart meter to send to you on a regular basis. That would make more sense. 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7

Yep understood, @Dvmoreland - it’s a reasonable feature idea this, which would no doubt make your life easier. 

So the best solution here would be if ovo allow me to have a account, I can then submit my solar generation resdings via the app when required. I can also submit a yearly photo as requested through the app. This way it's all covered, not relying on a email trail. 

​​​​​​It would also make the teams life easier. No need to trail though all the customers emails when they can submit via the app.

i just don't see why I have to submit it over an email when I should be doing it though ovos system.

Kind regards

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

I definitely agree and would happily upvote your suggestion if I could.

I’ll make sure Tim forwards this idea onto the right team! I never let him forget about good ideas either. :wink:

How are you meant to give a FIT reading? I’ve moved from SSE and your asking for a reading today but no confirmation of how to do it? Please advise? Also the account number provided isn’t recognised to set up an online account. I’ve sent an email but with no response yet and I’d like to get my reading in today as requested...

Userlevel 7

Hi @Windrush 

If you only have your Feed-In Tariff (FiT) or Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) arrangement with OVO, you won’t have a log in for that online account. 

There should be an online form for you to submit that generation meter / export reading, which we link to in the email requesting the reading. If we haven’t included it, I’m sorry. You’re able to send this directly to the team by emailing: fits@ovoenergy.com - they aim to respond within 5 working days, although they are particularly busy around export payment time so this might delay the response. 

Hope this helps,

Tim

How are you meant to give a FIT reading? I’ve moved from SSE and your asking for a reading today but no confirmation of how to do it? Please advise? Also the account number provided isn’t recognised to set up an online account. I’ve sent an email but with no response yet and I’d like to get my reading in today as requested...

I haven’t received an email reminder and information how to submit either, I’ve just been moved from sse too, it said reading due today too.

I haven’t received an email reminder and information how to submit either, I’ve just been moved from sse too, it said reading due today too.

Do you get a confirmation email of your reading if you submit by email ?

Did you manage to give your reading today ?

You get confirmation the email has been received and could take 5 days to be dealt with...

Userlevel 7

Updated on 14/09/23 by Abby_OVO:

Hi @Ghjkl @Windrush 

Sorry to hear that you’re having trouble submitting your latest export or generation readings in to the Feed-In Tariff (FiT) or Smart Export Guarantee (SEG) team.

You should be able to do this via the automated email you receive quarterly. If a link isn’t showing on the email we sent, or if you never got the email, our main Support team are able to add this to an internal form on your behalf, which will get sent to OVO’s FIT team. You can send over the reading (and a link to this topic if need be) via online chat

You’ll always receive a confirmation email once the reading has been successfully submitted.

Hope this helps! :slight_smile:

Does anyone have experience with the following?

I have set up our OVO online account for gas/electric and also have solar panels which we can finally submit info from (by phone).

If I want to see the FiT account info, which doesn't appear to be linked within OVO to the gas/elec (both formerly SSE) - do I need to set up a separate OVO online account for that? 

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Arai ,

OVO FiT doesn’t have an online account. You can only manage it by phone or email.

Thanks @Blastoise186.