Solved

Why can't I login into my online account, app or send reset password email?

Show first post

109 replies

Userlevel 5
Glad to hear you got this sorted, @Alsoff 🙂
Any ideas why it's impossible to sign in to account after a simple change of name after a bereavement.
There is even a probate dept to help with this but it still went pear shaped!
Cleared cache
Using Chrome
Still can't login though!
This is what i keep getting!

Userlevel 5

That's strange, @paul5412, this is something we'd need to look into. Can you send us a message on FacebookTwitter or webchat via the Help Centre please? 

Won't recognize the e-mail address but will recognize the customer id number.

II have read on here of the difficulty that the system you have recognizing an e-mail that has been previously used but thought you had rectified this problem?
Userlevel 4
@paul5412 I'd get in contact with us as Eva says, it's most likely that your email address has a typo on one of the systems required for an online account.

Once we've had a look at it, I'm sure we'll be able to sort it.

Thanks,
Ed
Same problem as most i guess, can't log in to ovo app or my ovo on website, it says email \ password wrong, tried requesting new password, doesn't send me new link and it's not in my spam!! Have phoned in the past and tbh am sick of waiting to get response on phone.
Userlevel 3
Hi @Dannyboy,

I've moved your question to this existing topic as I feel this best answers it for you.

Check out the best answer by @Nancy_OVO!

Hope this helps!
Thankyou
For the last week or so I've been unable to access the Myovo page on my PC because I keep getting a message saying "400 bad request - request header or cookie too large, nginx/1.14.1

How can I fix this please? Preferably without having to delete all the cookies for every website.
Userlevel 5
Take a look at this topic for more help, @AlanB @RobC2. Have you managed to get this sorted?

@ITGeek123 have you ever had an error message like this before?
Why has My Ovo website not been working for three days?
Userlevel 5
Not sure @RobC2! Can you give us a bit more detail? Any error messages?

I've been a customer for two years but not received any statements or even had a recent meter reading.

I thought I'd register online but when I click first time logon it always takes me to password reset. When I try that I get no email.

I have tried on Chrome and IE.

How am I supposed to logon?

Userlevel 5

It’s strange to hear you haven’t had a statement, @Loosecanons, have you checked your junk folder for the password reset link? If it’s not there - get in touch with the team so they can look into this. They’re available on webchat via the Help Centre.

It’s strange to hear you haven’t had a statement,@Loosecanons, have you checked your junk folder for the password reset link? If it’s not there - get in touch with the team so they can look into this. 

Hi, still trying to work out how to navigate the forum.

After two calls to Customer Service it turns out, when my account was registered by phone, my email address was spelt incorrectly . I have had NO gas readings in two years and only one electricity reading last April. How I am supposed to work out my annual usage I don’t know.

Surely there should be checks/obligation by the supplier to take a meter reading?

Userlevel 5

Hi @Loosecanons,

We do need to check your meter reading, you’re right. 

We usually send an engineer round once every year for each fuel to gather a reading. However, we do also advise the customer to provide readings, which is the easiest way of keeping your account up to date. We’d advise one every three months will keep your account on track, but ideally once a month before your bill.

If you can’t input these online, you can always call the team on 0330 303 5063.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply.

Still surprised nothing was flagged up after two years.

Do you know how I can calculate my usage?

I have a reading from  Dec 2017 but I need to know how to convert the readings  

Userlevel 6

Hey @Loosecanons

You don’t need to convert your electricity, but the gas will need to be converted from units to kWh. 

Check out this page for info on how to do this.  

Thanks! 

I am unable to access my account. 

I haven’t logged in for a while and it doesn’t accept my details so I have attempted to reset my password but I am not receiving an email with a link to do so.

I’ve waited about an hour now and tried using both my email and account number.

Userlevel 5

Take a look at the best answer for more help with this, @warriorwoman, if the reset email isn’t in your junk folder send us a message on FacebookTwitter or webchat via the Help Centre with your name, DoB, account number and email address.

The email came through about 4 hours later (was then out of date) but the follow up request came through immediately.

despite  numerous attempts  to log in to OVO account it still remains inaccessible .cant get past initial  log in page  despite changing password using email address ,ID number have emailed OVO but no response  received despite the promise to respond in 48 hours . OVO and myself will shortly be parting ways if they don't sort pronto. Any other   ideas  please on how to get logged in

Userlevel 6

I’ve moved your post here, @losing the plot, there’s a lot of handy advice in this thread.

We may need to raise this issue to our tech team if none of the above helps, please reach out to the team. 

You can send us a message on Facebook, Twitter or webchat via the Help CentreYou can reach our team on: 0330 303 5063. Our opening hours are 8am-6pm Monday to Friday.

Thanks!

My mother has an account with OVO and I am trying to help her to set up online management. I have viewed the guidelines to do this but surely I need to register her email address and account to enable me to set up a password.

I have entered her OVO ID into the login screen but, without having set up a password, the only choice is then to select ‘First time logging in’. This asks for her email but nothing is received. Presumably this is not working because id doesn’t recognise her email because we haven’t been asked to register it!

Seems to be a shortcoming in the process. What am I doing wrong?