Solved

What hours do engineers work?

• 11 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2

Hi,

Just wondered if someone can tell me what hours the engineers normally work.  I booked a meter repair/replacement today and have waited in all day.  It’s now nearly 5pm so can’t see him turning up now, or do they work till later?

icon

Best answer by Abby_OVO 12 September 2023, 09:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @Maureen D 

If you’ve had an emergency appointment, the engineers should arrive within 3 hours Monday-Friday, and within 4 hours on weekends and Bank Holidays.

If you had a regular scheduled appointment for a meter exchange, you’ll have been allocated a dedicated 4 hour time slot, in which the engineer should have turned up within.

If they never arrived, and you didn’t get any notice from them that they wouldn’t be able to make it, you may be entitled to a £30 Guaranteed Standard of Practice payment - this is a credit that you would receive for the inconvenience. I’d recommend contacting the Support Team to make a new appointment, and discuss the £30 you may be entitled to.

Userlevel 2

Hey @Maureen D 

If you’ve had an emergency appointment, the engineers should arrive within 3 hours Monday-Friday, and within 4 hours on weekends and Bank Holidays.

If you had a regular scheduled appointment for a meter exchange, you’ll have been allocated a dedicated 4 hour time slot, in which the engineer should have turned up within.

If they never arrived, and you didn’t get any notice from them that they wouldn’t be able to make it, you may be entitled to a £30 Guaranteed Standard of Practice payment - this is a credit that you would receive for the inconvenience. I’d recommend contacting the Support Team to make a new appointment, and discuss the £30 you may be entitled to.

Thanks.  I emailed last night and reported the no show and asked for the compensation.  I am not phoning as I am sick of getting nowhere with them.  It’s just one error after another in the short period since I have been migrated.

They’ll need to book another appointment and then let me know.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day here yesterday and I sat inside totally fed up waiting for nothing.