Solved

Standing charges for two meters, one of which isn't used, can i get a refund?

• 15 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Halo, I have two electric meters, one for standard electricity, ie sockets and lights, the other for detestable storage heaters which I haven't used in 8yrs as they are too expensive to run. I use a small plug in oil filled radiatorĀ in the colder parts of winter to heat the one room and this is enough so I don't freeze. My question is I am being charged over Ā£18 a month for a meter that hasn't counted any usage in all these years, I'd like a refund of that standing charget?Ā I live alone on a disabled pension and cannot afford to be paying for things I don't use and don't want. If I could afford to get more practical heating that wouldn't cost a fortune to run I would have done so long ago and no I don't want unSmartĀ meters thank you :o)Ā 

Raven

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 16 August 2023, 09:09

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi,

Please note Iā€™m only a forum volunteer.

ThisĀ MIGHTĀ be possible. Certainly, if the only meter in the property is at permanent zero movement, then OVO can consider a refund for Standing Charges. However, I canā€™t say for sure in your case.

IfĀ you no longer need the current setup, it may be worth converting to a standard setup instead as this may work out cheaper.

Thank you Blastoise, I will definitely look into it :o)