Solved

Set-up my OVO account a month ago - Why have I not received my Welcome pack and can't login to my online account?

• 1 November 2021
  • 8 replies

Hello there

I joined OVO a month ago by phone call. Since then, I haven't received any welcome email or confirmation.

I have attempted to contact helpdesk through phone call many times and succeeded couple of times and got my OVO ID. However using OVO ID I am not able to register my OVO account on either online or mobile app.

I am looking to get account created and give Gas/Electric meter reading for this month

I am starting to be a bit concerned about

Please, could you help me?

Many thanks

Selvendran Chandran

icon

Best answer by Jess_OVO 2 November 2021, 12:51

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Howdy @selvendran !

That’s a bit strange, but I think I can help to solve at least part of the issue here. Could you give this link a try: https://my.ovoenergy.com/request-access

That should get your online account in MyOVO up and running, from which point you’ll be able to login. After that’s all done, your username will be your email address - My OVO ID is part an old system that’s no longer used for new accounts, so you don’t need to worry about that.

If you still get stuck, please let us know. I have more fixes on hand if needed!

I have tried using above link by giving my email address. However I did not received the link to my email address set up my password

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Ah ok. Thanks for giving that a try. In that case, I think I can safely rule out almost all possible culprits except for one. So this really narrows it right down.

It sounds like OVO might not have the right email address on file for your account, but this should be an easy fix. Please give the Support Team a shout via live chat or phone and they’ll get the records updated. If you’re going in by phone and get stuck at any prompts, pressing the # key will get you through them.

Once the email address is updated, please try my first link again and it should work fine after that. Make sure to check your spam/junk folders too!

Userlevel 7

Hi @selvendran - Welcome to OVO and to our online community here!

See you’ve already met one of our Plan Zero Legends round here, @Blastoise186 who’s given some great advice into what might be causing your login issues:

It sounds like OVO might not have the right email address on file for your account, but this should be an easy fix. Please give the Support Team a shout via live chat or phone and they’ll get the records updated. If you’re going in by phone and get stuck at any prompts, pressing the # key will get you through them.

Once the email address is updated, please try my first link again and it should work fine after that. Make sure to check your spam/junk folders too!

If you’ve joined us through a switch, or set-up an account after moving into a house we already supply we’d expect you to receive your welcome email within 5 working days of getting things set-up. It could be we’ve made a slight typo with your email address when setting up the account, which would also explain the login issues you’ve been having.

Hope the Support Team have already managed to get things sorted - do pop back and let us know how you get on. :thumbsup:

Thanks for your details and help. After correcting the typo error in my email, I managed to setup online account in OVO. However I do not see my current meter readings, usage details and payment details for Month joined since then.

Thanks

Selvendran

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Nice, that’s good to see you’re in now.

I think it can sometimes take a few days or so for your online account to fully activate after you set it up for the first time. This usually sorts itself out within the first week or so, but if you still don’t see everything after that, the Support Team may need to take a deeper look at what’s happening.

It should all be on record somewhere, so my theory is that MyOVO is probably still doing the heavy lifting in the background.

Issue still there after correcting the email address.

Support Team asked me to check after 10 days. However I have waited more than 2 weeks(17 days). Still issue is there. My account is not fully active. Not sure OVO support team will look into this issue and resolve as early as possible. I have been following to get it resolved almost 2 months.

Thanks.

Userlevel 7

I’m so sorry to hear that you’re still not able to access your online account despite the email correction, @selvendran.

This sounds like a bit more of a complex issue so I’ve just sent you a PM to follow this up. 

Hope we can get things sorted! :slight_smile: