Solved

Set-up my OVO account a month ago - Why have I not received my Welcome pack and can't login to my online account?

• 1 November 2021
  • 49 replies

Show first post

49 replies

Userlevel 6

Hey @jimmyca69 

Jeffus is correct here, and the best way to contact the Support Team to raise this will be via Webchat or WhatsApp the opening times are:

• 8am - 6pm Monday to Friday 

• 9am - 2pm on Saturdays

You can alternatively call the team on 0330 303 5063, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. 

Keep us updated with how you get in with this, as it may be helpful for other community members in the future.

Ok thanks for info (especially Jeffus) - can i ask though Abby why my post has been moved into this thread which is not related, confusing and not ideal for those trying to follow such issues?

As an update I got this from Ovo via email today which I find amazing really:

My name is ********, a Transfers Agent here at OVO Energy.

I am getting in touch today in relation to the failed switch attempt to OVO Energy.

I have investigated this today and cannot see any obvious reason for why the switch did not go through. However, the account has been set up as though we have your supplies, which is incorrect. I have requested that these are removed, this process can take between 2-4 weeks. Once the this timeframe has passed, you can re-apply to switch to OVO Energy again, if you choose to.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

• If there's anything else we can help with, we're here to support you. Remember that you can always: Visit our Help Centre you'll find lots of handy answers quickly in there)
  • Contact us via our online chat (Mon-Fri 9am-5pm) or call our Customer Services on 0330 303 5063.
  • Or pick the brains of our OVO community

Kind regards,

Been a terrible experience so far and now I have to wait potentially 4 weeks to re-apply. 

Userlevel 6

Hi @jimmyca69 

I’m sorry about the experience you’ve had with the switch.

Hopefully seen as they’ve said there isn’t any obvious blocking issue, it’ll go through without a problem if you go ahead with re-applying for the switch.

Regarding the post being moved, we often move topics we feel will do better in different locations, so I’d suspect this is what happened. It may be moved again during the next review.

I moved into my flat with my partner four months ago and signed up to Ovo with Tili Home Move Assistant. However i have still not received an email or letter of any kind from Ovo, and there are no email addresses for me to contact, have tried calling and using chat function too. I emailed Tili and they said Ovo are experiencing a back log of 3 weeks but it has been four months, this is ridiculousâ€Ĥ Please someone from Ovo see this and help me. 

Userlevel 6

Hey @Anna Whittaker 

Sorry to hear about the experience you’ve been having.

We don’t have access to accounts here at the Forum, so you’ll need to get through to the Support Team to discuss this and they’ll be able to help get this sorted.

My electricity and gas accounts were moved to OVO in May and I still haven’t been provided any OVO account details. I have had zero communication. My direct debits have stopped being taken after May, my final bill from the previous supplier does not state my new OVO account number.

I have been on the phone with support for hours on end. I have asked on the chat service. Everyone keeps saying my account will be setup and they will be in touch - but nothing. If I try to create and OVO account by clicking on the link provided it’s a dead end because they ask for an OVO account number as part of the setup and I HAVEN’T BEEN GIVEN ONE.

It’s like being in a Kafka novel - no one, anywhere in this company seems to have a clue what’s actually going on. All the while I keep using electricity and gas without OVO taking money for my usage and at some point, one day, they will ask for a large sum months down the line. Ridiculously poor customer service, the absolute worst.

Has anyone else experienced this? Can anyone help me here without pointing me to the usual ineffective links to support, phone number or chat which I have already spent days wasting my time on because no one there has any clue what they are doing?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @thephantom , not sure what the forum can offer you as no one has access to your account and it’s mainly other customers responding, trying to help. 
Presumably you realised you were switched after a final bill was sent .. OVO usually send a welcome pack but it sounds like you don’t have that. 
If you’ve followed the various routes already then you may have seen this but just in case. 

Pls help. My SSE account hasn’t been migrated to OVO since Sept 2022. 

It is a big surprised that it is taking a year to move the account. 

The problem is that I’m moving out of the flat in Nov. I called the customer service and she said there isn’t anything that she can do but wait.

Any idea? I need to pay the bills in full to get my deposit. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @ejunejung ,

Bear with me! I need to go backstage for this one. You ok to hang in there for a bit while I talk about this one with the other forum volunteers and moderators?

Userlevel 7

Hi @ejunejung,

Blastoise has got me on stage from behind the curtain and I’m here to support. 

We’ve moved everyone to OVO Energy by now. Your OVO account may need some work doing to it to get it fully live. It’s tricky to say for sure without having account access. 

My advice at this point is to sit tight, and wait for OVO to get you set up with your OVO account. Hopefully it’s all sorted before your November move date. Either way, make sure to make a note of the meter reading on the day you move, and we’ll be able to charge you for your usage up to that reading after your move out. You can get your new place signed up to OVO here.

Badge

Ok, so after a lot of searching and from help on here I finally know what numbers I need to send to OVO for the payments for solar panels (I think)

Ive just called on the number given to be told I have not been switched yet from SSSE to OVO and I can’t do anything without a welcome pack. Is there anyway I can speed up this process. Since moving into this house with solar panels a year and a half ago we have only received 1 payment back in January.

Im finding the whole experience very frustrating!

thank you

Userlevel 7

Hi @Gini3 and thanks for posting. 

Can you update your first topic her​​​​​e to confirm how you obtained those solar generation readings:

​​

You will be on supply with OVO now. Perhaps there’s a delay with setting up your account but we can’t offer any specific advice here on the forum as we don’t have your details. 

One thing to bear in mind is that your feed in tariff or smart export guarantee arrangement doesn’t need to be with your energy supplier. So if you haven’t set this up since moving in, you might consider another provider. If it was set up with your old supplier which OVO took over, rest assured that your generation payments will be sent, and it’s the meter reading that allows us to work out exactly how much. 

Fingers crossed it won’t take too long. 

I was moved from SSE to OVO in September 

since then I have not been given an account number

,but OVO HAS taken over my direct debit set up by SSE so where, is the money going.please.keep me updated.

maddog

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @Ian mcgregor ,

Try Live Chat via https://ovoenergy.com/help and the team there will retrieve it for you.

Alternatively, you’ll find it in MyOVO https://my.ovoenergy.com 

This is ridiculous..I still haven't got my bills since Oct 2022. I've called at least 20 times and every time it is a new customer agent.

Migration from SSE to OVO taking a year is just unacceptable. Although someone replied to my complaint here that I should be OVO now but it's not true. I AM STILL NOT FULLY MIGRATED.

I'm moving out from the current place next month and if I cant get the bill by then I am just not going to bother to pay. Not my fault. I wasted too much time.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

This is ridiculous..I still haven't got my bills since Oct 2022. I've called at least 20 times and every time it is a new customer agent.

Migration from SSE to OVO taking a year is just unacceptable. Although someone replied to my complaint here that I should be OVO now but it's not true. I AM STILL NOT FULLY MIGRATED.

I'm moving out from the current place next month and if I cant get the bill by then I am just not going to bother to pay. Not my fault. I wasted too much time.

Hi @ejunejung

Sorry to hear that, I agree it is ridiculous. No migration should take a year what ever the issue. I don't think just waiting for it to be fixed is going to work personally. 

If you ever asked for a complaint to be raised over the last year in any of those 20 plus times, then ovo only had 8 weeks to sort the issue before you can ask the energy ombudsman for help. 

It would help if you kept a record of when you contacted ovo and what was said. I don't know if you have anything? 

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

https://www.energyombudsman.org/

I suggest you put in a complaint if you haven't already just in case this issue drags on for months more.

You will have to pay for what you have used at some stage, although @Tim_OVO can confirm the ofgem rules around back billing. OVO can only normally back bill for the last 12 months. Make sure you give ovo a reading when you move out and take a picture of the meter. 

Have you ever tried logging onto your ovo account, if not try this and see what happens. 

https://account-activation.ovoenergy.com/confirm-email

Nope login doesn't work as I'm not OVO yet. 

Honestly, I wrote complaint letter 3 times. Everytime it is a new person calling me that they will fix it which never happened. I was going to go to ombusman but why should I chase? They wont migrate for forever in my view. OVO will need to come to me if they want to get paid. I'm done trying.

I'm not sure if OVO related person is reading this but it is your loss. Bad for your business. I was willing to pay. Not anymore.

Userlevel 6

Hey @ejunejung 

I’m sorry to hear this is still an ongoing issue. 

I’m going to have our Forum_Support reach out to you to see where they can offer some help on this. Look out for Private Message here soon: https://forum.ovoenergy.com/inbox/overview

Moved house recently (5 Oct), taking Ovo with me. Quick question here: the switch seems to be complete (the Ovo app and an email tells me that I was officially on supply on 24 Oct), I sent a meter reading in on 25 Oct but the account status on the app reads “getting your account ready”. How long does this typically take? My smart meter also reads “waiting for ...” against all account items (tariff, daily standing charge, supplier details, CIN) - am guessing this will all sync once the account is fully activated?

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Mike_H , it does take a while for everything to sync (a few weeks usually) but it’s also usual to take on the existing supplier at a new property before switching - not sure if that’s what you did. 
If by smart meter you mean your in house display (IHD), the information gets populated via your smart meter (by the electric/gas supply) once the details are updated on there

Thanks, I had been on the existing supplier (from 5 Oct until switch to Ovo on 24 Oct), but was maybe a little optimistic about how long the full activation and sync would take. I’ll give it a few weeks to sort itself out. Also, I did of course mean the IHD when I said Smart Meter. Thanks again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Nope login doesn't work as I'm not OVO yet. 

Honestly, I wrote complaint letter 3 times. Everytime it is a new person calling me that they will fix it which never happened. I was going to go to ombusman but why should I chase? They wont migrate for forever in my view. OVO will need to come to me if they want to get paid. I'm done trying.

I'm not sure if OVO related person is reading this but it is your loss. Bad for your business. I was willing to pay. Not anymore.

Hi @ejunejung is your issue sorted now? 

Hello I set up my online account over a call on the 8th of March, but have not yet received my welcome pack, which was supposed to arrive in a week. Can you please let me know the status and if possible my account number so that I can complete setting up my account and start paying the bills?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Good afternoon @bajekalm ,

Sorry, but we can’t do that via the Forum as no-one here has that access.

Please see https://ovoenergy.com/help for contact options you can use for this.