Solved

Could someone please shed some light on my billing issue?

Can someone please explain this, there has to be a problem with our meter for this we have this issue ever since moving in and SSE refused to give us a check meter untill he refused to pay the bill 

icon

Best answer by ChristopherS_OVO 19 April 2024, 14:52

View original

11 replies

So this is a bill from September 23 to now since the SSE take over how on earth can you justify this being a correct bill? What's funny is the check meter that was installed hasn't even been read! We raised a issue with our meter years ago with SSE and they did nothing for so long untill we refused to pay.this work out at about 2.5k per month you having a laugh how about someone **edited by moderator** and fix this NOW before I start speaking to the local newspaper!

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Hi @Ab0208 

1. Do you have a smart meter?

2. You are billed based on the usage that appears on this page

https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/electricity

For example with daily smart meter readings.

What do you see?

3. Have a look at this page

What do you see under Future Annual Consumption? This is the ovo estimate for your annual usage 

https://account.ovoenergy.com/plan

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

Interesting no usage logged after 11 days, just the standing charge, not even estimated readings.

Userlevel 7
Badge

Interesting no usage logged after 11 days, just the standing charge, not even estimated readings.

In my experience, this indicates ‘billing on hold’ Someone has finally spotted a major error, and nothing will be added until they’ve sorted it out.

It would be good to see the readings from September to date; if they’re reasonable, then it’s billing that have the problem. If they’re not, we’d have to compare with historical usage, i.e. readings from the SSE account, to find a ‘reasonable’ level.

It’s strange that each month’s bill is apparently too big. If it were a simple failure to use the right opening readings on OVO’s part, we’d see an unusually large first bill, but the remainder should reflect actual consumption. 

Userlevel 6

I’d suspect estimated bills because no readings are being sent, coupled with an inflated FAC.
Especially with that lack of usage for the current April-May live billing*.
But we’d need the information that @Jeffus requested above to be sure.

*My curent live billing period is the same for my manualy metered gas, if there hasn’t been a reading sent in then it doesn’t show an estimated usage since the last reading it just shows the SCs accumulating each day..
An estimated usage only gets added if/when needed at the end of the current billing period.

So to my eyes the screenshot above is just showing that no meter readings have been added since at least 7th April. (And maybe none for a long time and so everything for previous months are estimates?).

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Ab0208,

It looks like our volunteers are on hand to try and help understand what’s causing the high balance. I’m sorry to read you are having issues with your billing since your account was migrated. There could be an issue with the readings that were supplied to us or a large balance reported at the time of migration. 

I would suggest that you contact our Support Team and they will be able to raise a billing dispute to look into this further for you. I have included a handy link to give you more information on meter reading disputes here

Let us know what our Support Team says once they investigate this for you! If you don’t get any answers from our support team, I will ask our Forum_Support team to contact you.

I hope you get this resolved soon!

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Ab0208,

I can understand this must be frustrating for you. I’ve already responded to your thread here: 

This one had more information and screenshots to give us a better understanding of what may be causing your issues. 

Let us know if you have any questions. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +2

So this is a bill from September 23 to now since the SSE take over how on earth can you justify this being a correct bill? What's funny is the check meter that was installed hasn't even been read! We raised a issue with our meter years ago with SSE and they did nothing for so long untill we refused to pay.this work out at about 2.5k per month you having a laugh how about someone **edited by moderator** and fix this NOW before I start speaking to the local newspaper!

HI @Ab0208 

Have you already put in a complaint to OVO about this?

https://www.ovoenergy.com/feedback

If so how long ago did you do that?

Userlevel 6

Could a moderator please merge the two threads to make things easier to follow?

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Merge request submitted