View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Looks like they do

Userlevel 7
Badge

I've just had my new energy prices, do they include the 5% VAT

How did you get them? If it was by email, isn’t there a footnote making it clear? My last one included this:

All prices and costs shown above include VAT at 5%. Your unit rates and standing charges might show differently on your bills/statements.

I haven’t had this quarter’s yet.

Userlevel 4

@Blastoise186 

Ok just checking cos my Rates & standing charges at the moment are

Day...31.63

Night..20.08

S.T....41.91

As you can see my email has different rates & standing charges for my Tariff I'm on now.

Userlevel 3

Lets hope when my new energy plan starts it be cheaper. wont know until then . cant be as much as before. as prices have come down.

Userlevel 7
Badge

@Blastoise186

… my email has different rates & standing charges for my Tariff I'm on now.

Thanks for the screenshot. Can you confirm that there’s no mention of VAT in the email? If there isn’t, it’s a fault that ought to be fixed.  

If you multiply the figures you quoted earlier by 1.05, you’ll see that the difference is the VAT. 

Userlevel 4

It seems it does have the VAT  included.

Userlevel 7
Badge

That’s a relief! Thanks for checking.

Userlevel 5

I got my new prices as well yesterday and they are all inclusive of VAT and other green charges. As usual you have to read the tiny print at the end of the notification. Have to say it's a welcome reduction but raises so many questions? The hike of the cap to record levels was blamed on the Ukraine conflict. The conflict is still going on yet the cap is almost reduced by half despite.

So much corruption in the energy market. Wholesale prices go up and consumer prices go up .

One would assume this would be proportional. Not so. Hence excess profits and windfall taxes?

The usual privileged clique have profited.

Userlevel 7
Badge

The hike of the cap to record levels was blamed on the Ukraine conflict. The conflict is still going on yet the cap is almost reduced by half despite.

Energy prices in Britain are largely driven by the cost of gas. You can see in this chart the effect of the war in Ukraine on the wholesale price of gas; steps taken by both government and industry have mitigated the harm caused by the conflict. UK Natural Gas - Price - Chart - Historical Data - News (tradingeconomics.com)