Solved

Meter reading submitted to Online Account needs to be validated?

• 9 January 2023
  • 8 replies

I have just submitted my gas meter readings and they say it needs to be validated. Why? There is less usage than normal as i am cutting back (like everyone else). Also mild in the SE so that means it is also lower than last year. Why do they not believe me.

icon

Best answer by Tim_OVO 10 January 2023, 10:23

View original

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hi @JaniceW ,

Don’t panic. This sometimes happens if the reading looks strange and needs manual review. If it’s not done within 48 hours I’d recommend getting in touch with support to chase up.

Userlevel 7

Updated on 30/10/23 by Abby_OVO

Sometimes, if a meter reading is higher or lower than expected it might be forwarded to our billing team before it is added to your account.

This is just to make sure your meter isn’t faulty, usually the reading will be added after a few days or we’ll contact you asking if there has been any changes in circumstances. 

Hi @JaniceW - can you confirm if that meter reading is now on your online account? I’d expect it to be… link here to the right page: https://account.ovoenergy.com/meter-readings/history/gas

Have you considered getting a smart meter to automate your meter readings to every half an hour? 

Userlevel 1

I submitted my Meter Readings on Sunday 2nd July and Ovo haven’t updated the balance owing yet. Just wondering if there’s some sort of delay. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Did the reading definitely go through? Try checking the Meter Reading History

Userlevel 1

Yes it definitely went through. The readings are showing as up to date 2nd July. The month by month bills are there but they usually put the total amount owing which makes it easier when paying. I suppose I could add the totals of the 3 months together and pay that. I’m waiting for OVO to confirm it.

Userlevel 7
Badge

I’m sorry if this is a silly question, but don’t you see the current balance on your account on the Home page of your online account? And in a lot more detail on the Billing history page?

I realize that you may see different pages from the ones I have, because I have a smart meter and I pay each calendar month by Direct Debit. You clearly have a different arrangement, so I wondered whether this information isn’t so readily available to you.

This is the sort of thing I see on the Home page:  

Userlevel 1

No I do not see a Balance It did say £3.69p but that cannot be right cos it was saying that just before I submitted the readings.

Userlevel 1

It’s just appeared now so can finally settle the bill.