Solved

I have 2 electricity meters - how can I get this put onto a single supply?

• 29 July 2023
  • 4 replies

I have just moved into a house and Ovo is my gas/electric supplier.  The house used to have an annex and has 2 electricity meters.  I have received 2 bills, one for gas/electricity for the main part of the house and one for electricity for the annex.  Unless there is any benefit to having 2 meters, how do I go about putting the supply onto a single meter so that I only receive one bill?  I don’t plan to let the annex out and it is part of the main house.

Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Blastoise186 29 July 2023, 18:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +1

Hey @Johanna ,

Could you post photos please? It helps us a ton. :)

I’ll take some pics tomorrow, thank you!

Userlevel 6

Hey @Johanna 

Feel free to share some pics with us and the volunteers, and we can see how we can help you with your query.🙂

Userlevel 7
Badge +4

If both meters are close to each other you need to get an electrician to wire both consumer units (fuse boxes) into one of the meters. They will do this by fitting a junction box (called a Henley Block). Then you need to ask your energy company to remove the unused meter. I will warn you that OVO are terrible at sorting out meter removals so I'd strongly suggest moving to another company before having the meter removed.

If the meters aren't close to each other it's a bit more complicated to get everything onto a single meter. But an electrician will be able to help you.